Chapter 41: The End Finale (Leave the Memories Alone)

This is the Final Chapter of Condo Boys (A Journey to Remember). Thank you for being a part of their unforgettable journey! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

*********

From Where You Are- Lifehouse

soundtrack playing

Truth is insensitive. Reality is too. 'That's life', as the saying goes. We always move forward no matter how painful and tough our journey was. Ken made me realize how valuable time was. Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent, so we must treasure it. He also taught me the art of being strong and that's what I keep 'till now that I write the succeeding chapters of the story of my life.

Nakakatuwang isipin na, life has a lot to offer for me. I'm blessed for what I have now. I couldn't ask for more. Looking back, four years after Ken traveled to a different dimension, there were a lot of glaring changes in me. I became a better version of myself. And KENTOT is the real author of the change. 

I'm now a successful business man like my Ate. An Entrepreneur who graduated Magna Cum Laude a couple of years ago. I'm also actively participating in charity works specially during Ken's birthday. I always give back to people who suffer from cancer. And most of all, tuwing birthday niya, I invite less fortunate people to have a free meal sa pagmamay-ari kong fine dining restaurant here in Libis. It's a way for me to commemorate his heroism. I considered him as my HERO dahil he made me realize a lot of things in life nung nabubuhay pa siya hanggang ngayon.

Being a father to Ellie I believe is one the best things that had ever happened to me.

"Thank you Athena. Thank you for being the best mother to our son," I said straight from the heart.

She smiled and held my hand. "I'm happy for you Arjay. I'm so proud of you, very proud."

Her smile remains the most sincere. She's the most beautiful woman I've met and loved. She has a perfect place in my heart, and it will be there forever.

Athena had a short vacation here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, she didn't bring my son because of some health concerns. Not so serious, just FLU. She promised me by next month na she will surely take Ellie to visit me if things go right as planned.

I literally became a virtual father to Ellie dahil sa SKYPE ko pa lang siya nakikita. His eyes, nose, lips maging cheeks e kuhang kuha sa 'kin. Mas kamukha ko ang anak ko kesa sa nanay niya. Gusto ko nang hilahin ang susunod na buwan para lang makita siya nang personal at mahagkan. Parang hindi ko na nga kayang maghintay pa.  

Athena has a Canadian Fiance. Masaya ako for her dahil nakita na niya ang tunay na lalaking para sa kanya. All throughout our conversation here in my owned restaurant, Ikinwento niya ang kanyang buhay pag-ibig na hindi ako maka-relate, maging ang struggles niya sa pagdadala ng anak namin.  

**

We're going to visit Ken's grave and it's yearly that we go there to show na hindi namin siya pwedeng makalimutan kailanman. My life has changed bigtime for the past four years since Ken exited to our lives. Akala ko nga katapusan ko na simula nung mawala si Kentot pero I felt na it's just a start of my real journey in life. I'm just too young then, both of us, I realized how young am I to encounter that kind of lovestory that I interpreted as a timeless story. We're both uncontrolled and impulsive like a normal teenager but that's something that I can't throw away in my memory. Ken will always forever live in my heart no matter how busy my life is and no matter how tough my journey is to continue.