My dork - Chapter ten

(<A/n - Damn. It's been a while hasn't it? Sorry for lack of updates on this story, didn't intend for my break from writing this story to last as long as it did. No song this time, enjoy the chapter!>)

(Y/n)'s POV

The next day I sat on the sea-stack with Scull, watching patiently. The twins went to go put the finishing touches on the pranks we set for Loki day earlier today. I held the stormcutter egg close to my chest, it's supposed to be hatching today, I just don't know when. Normally dragons stay in the egg for a few months to develop before they hatch, it's been three months and a few days since I received the egg from its mother. "It looked as if it's a stillborn, that died inside the egg." "Give it time Scull. Who knows how long it was on the hunters ship." She's right. The baby stormcutter probably would've pipped through the egg by now. I unsheathed my dagger, still unsure whether I should intervene and help the baby dragon hatch or not. "Mom would have known what to do... I should've brought the egg to her." "Nonsense. Do what you think is best." I looked at my dagger then at the egg. "Do what I think is best... what if I make the wrong choice. Either way the adolescent stormcutter will probably die." The egg moved on its own before the cracking of a shell could be heard. "Thank the gods!" "It's hatching?! Tuffnut! Get your arse over here!" I watched as the twins ran to stand behind me. "Scull, go grab a thicker wool blanket! Hurry!" I heard Scull fly off back towards my hut on the edge. I took my dagger and used it to help the dragon hatch, by gently cutting a small hole through the top. "Alright. Now I need to place the egg on it's side facing away from the cold winds of the archipelago." I put the egg on its side, away from the cold. I heard yelling in the distance, I looked up to see Rōnin chasing a monstrous nightmare on her dragon, the monstrous nightmare held a few maps in its mouth, headed directly towards us. Rōnin didn't notice but it dropped a map at Tuffnut's feet, before flying away Rōnin still trying to catch up with it. I looked back to see my brother being carried here by a huge flock of terrible terrors that the twins befriended not too long ago. He was dropped off on the sea-stack we were on. I decided to spare my brother from the chaos that the twins cause. I paid him no mind, even as he walked up to us to watch the baby dragon hatch.

I grabbed the blanket from Scull's talons and formed a makeshift nest for when the baby dragon hatches completely. The head of the baby stormcutter was fully out of the egg and covered in a clear slime like substance. "Such a beautiful baby~!" Scull cooed softly, as the dragon yawned. Their scales were pitch black, it had scales that were in tufts near its horns that were a beautiful shade of dark grey. The tips of their horns were the same shade of dark grey as the tufts of scales that surrounded their horns. I carefully picked up the baby stormcutter and placed them in the makeshift nest. I looked back at Scull. Her sleek grey scales that had shades of (f/c) were slightly ruffled, her tail clicking together almost as if she were nervous. "Scull, meet your new baby brother." "What will you name it?" I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked back to see it was Hiccup's. I removed his hand from my shoulder, still slightly pissed off with him. "Guys...?" I ignored Tuffnut. "His name will be..." Tuffnut finally got Ruffnut's attention, now they proceeded to get ours. "(Y/N)! HICCUP!" We turned to look at both Ruffnut and Tuffnut, with clear annoyance. "What is it? What could possibly be this important?!" Hiccup yelled at both of them, I punched him in the shoulder for yelling. Tuffnut showed us the map from earlier. We both just stood there in shock, pure absolute shock. "She works for the hunters. We— I let a snake in our ranks." I uttered, barely above a whisper. "I took her to Berk, she knows where Berk is, thanks to me." My brother covered his face with his hands, obviously ashamed of himself. Me and my brother now have a common enemy and a common goal. I placed my hand on his shoulder. I made my decision, Rōnin needs to go asap. "We may have our different opinions of Berk and our father, but I'm your family. We need to stick together." Hiccup nodded. "We need to send for help first though. Oh and Hiccup, to answer your question his name is Leif Horrendous Thorston."

It's been a week since we've figured out Rōnin was a traitor in our ranks, and it's been a week since Leif hatched. I sent an urgent terrible terror mail to my friend. Brair and his Changewing, Mimic the day we figured out she was a traitor. I haven't heard anything from him yet, hopefully the letter wasn't intercepted. I gave a bottle of goats milk to Leif, considering he was too young to eat solid foods. "Let me go! I've already told you two muttonheads that I've got an urgent terrible terror mail saying that I was needed here! I've got nothing to do with those damn hunters!" I looked over at the entrance of the clubhouse to see Ruffnut and Tuffnut holding a familiar redhead. Briar. "Fucking muttonheads! Let me go DAMNIT!" His reddish-orange hair in a loose messy braid, his tan skin that was dotted with freckles. He had beads of sweat running down his face, presumably from struggling to escape. I laughed, Mimic made an appearance behind the twins, successfully scaring both of them. "Alright, that's enough! Thank you both, you can let go of Briar now before you truly piss off Mimic." They reluctantly let him go, Ruffnut walked up to me and kissed my forehead. "You handle this, I'll take care of Leif." As soon as she said his name, his dark forest green eyes tried to find her. "Ruff, it's fine. They won't hurt him. Mimic loves socializing with other dragons!" "Yeah right, a full grown changewing taking care of a wee baby stormcutter." She really didn't like the idea of leaving Leif with me and Scull while Briar and Mimic were around. "Ruffnut it is, and will be absolutely fine. Both me an Leif will be fine, I promise." I guided both of them out of the door, and made sure they actually left.

I sat Leif down in his makeshift nest and made sure his bottle was propped up so it wouldn't fall down and roll away. "Hello Briar, how've you and mom been? Sorry I haven't visited yet, a lot has happened the past few weeks." "It's been good actually! We rescued dragons from nearby hunter ships. Now what was with the urgent terrible terror mail, you've got your mom panicking." I sighed softly, running a hand down my face. "Rōnin is working for the hunters. We quite literally just found out a week ago, we may need your help. It's best if we've got another rider on our side." I looked directly at him, his eyes were as blue as a scauldron's scales. To be completely honest his temper wasn't much better. "(Y/n). You've got the entire sanctuary on your side. We'll finish this once and for all." I gave him a smile. "Oh, there's one more thing I've got to tell you, Hiccup found something that we've been calling the dragon eye a few weeks ago. You still have the lens on your belt right?" He pulled his own lens that he traded for at the northwest market when We were kids. "I never leave without it. Here ya go, might as well give it back to you. The only use that I have for it is to set fires." I took the lens and put it in the chest where we kept the other lenses— Briar's included— that we've collected so far. "So... now that's out of the way..." "No, I don't have a boyfriend yet. Don't plan on having one anytime soon, you know that (Y/n)." I laughed, he knew what I was going to ask before I even spoke. "So. You and that blonde girl was it? Didn't think you'd have the guts to get a girlfriend." "Shut up Briar." He laughed, moving the stray strands of hair out of his face. "I'll introduce you to the others, excluding Rōnin, she left to go trade." Briar scoffed. "Yeah right. 'Trading'. She probably went back to the hunters." "C'mon let's just get going." I picked Leif back up, and lead Briar, as well as Mimic to the others, they're probably training in the arena.

-

Hiccup's POV

I was a bit skeptical about the person that my sibling sent an urgent terrible terror mail to, but they said that they grew up with them for the duration of their childhood. "Everyone this is Briar, and Mimic. Briar, Mimic, these are the dragon riders." "Welcome to Dragon's edge! Sorry about the inconvenience that brought about your arrival." I held out my hand to Briar, he took it. "Name's Briar, nice to meet ya!" He left to go greet the others, Fishlegs started to geek-out over a changewing. That is until the dragon spat acid at his feet, probably out of self-defense. "A changewing? Never thought I would get to see one before..." I'd never thought I'd live long enough in order to see one. The dragon itself had emerald green scales, and brown eyes. "Aren't changewings able to blend into their environment?" "Yes. Hence why I used the scales she had shed previously to make my own flight suit." I watched as Brair took my hand into his and led me closer to his changewing. "It's okay, she doesn't bite. Well as long as ya don't spook her that is." He placed my hand on the snout of the changewing, his hand remaining on my own. My face was dusted a light shade of pink, I pushed the feeling away. "Now. What is our course of action to deal with the problem at hand?"

-Words total 1764-