Chapter 1 | Our Child

Mama was the heiress of a Yakuza family that emerged during the Edo period in Japan. Mama was also a hopeless gambling addict, the one and only woman who successfully infiltrated the most notorious criminal organization in Japan, Bonten, to pay off her gambling debts. Her beauty was unmatched and she was even adept in martial arts. She was Papa's one and only lover. She was murdered by an enemy organization a year after I was born.

- Timeskip to present day - 

梵天の幹部会議

Setting Reference

"Ran," I stared at the man with a giant scar that crossed his face

"Ran," I stared at the man with a giant scar that crossed his face. One of his eyes was white and scary.

"what in the world you were thinking when you decided to bring a kid to an executive meeting."

He was talking to my dad. But dad was looking at the other dude with the usual bored look on his face. "Dada," I wanted his attention on me and me only so I tugged on the vest of his suit. He looked down at me.

"Isn't she just adorable Kakucho~?" he crooned. He placed his hand on my head and stroked my small head that perfectly fit into his large hand. I squeezed my eyes shut as he did this, and plunged face first into his chest.

"Are you even listening to me?" the man who I think is Kakucho, was annoyed and tapping his hands on the table

"He can't find anyone that he trusts to babysit her," uncle Rin spoke up, "I doubt she'll cause a mess."

"Rinrin~" I call out to my uncle, and he looks at me and smiles lazily.

"What's her name?" someone else asked. The mand did not even raise his eyes from his laptop. He was typing something super fast and the clicking sound tickled my ears. 

"(y/n)," said dad. I let out a small squeak, after hearing my name.

Everyone fell silent. Why? I thought, looking around the room. I didn't know how to express my question in words obviously so I did my best and released a confused uuhhhhh.

Dad continued to rub my head. I could hear footsteps approaching the room.

"Down you go princess~," Dad said before he lifted me up and placed me on the soft carpet between his legs. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a lollipop and stuffed it in my mouth. He put his finger on his lips and let out a "shhh." sound. I was supposed to be quiet. So I nodded in understanding, and he patted me on my head once more before he looked up and began his work.