Chapter 8

-Shelby pov-
"That is all I know" Giselle looks over at Jesse "We had him go under to help set us up a win and take them out of the glee competitions for good"

"I do not appreciate being deceived but I do appreciate the looking out" I look at Jesse who has been silent "You have anything to say sir?"

"Giselle can you please leave for a quick minute?" She nods and slowly walks out before closing the door "Rachel is age regressing and there are things I had to do to make sure Will along with the others did not know"

"You know?" Jesse nods with a sigh "How?"

"She never told you?" I shake my head and Jesse sighs "This is a long story"

-Rachel pov-
"Oh god please tell me that you are not trying to sing" I get a nervous nod and shake my head "You are not able to! You sound like a dying cat! My god I have heard mating cats sound better than you! How about you try looking nice first?!"

"W-why are you being mean?" The girl sniffles and her lip quivers "I-I thought you could help me get better"

"You can only help the able!" She runs away crying and I get smacked on my arm "What?! She is terrible!"

"That was rude!" I get pushed just to turn to see Santana standing between some other girl and me "Amy loves music so much! Yeah she is bad but she tries! You would never get someone more devoted! You have to be pretty rude to pick on the blind!"

"If she is blind she can not read music anyways" Santana turns with a nasty glare and I Blanche "I-I mean am I honestly wrong in what I said?"

"RACHEL BARBARA BERRY!" I tense and slowly turn to see my mom looking pissed beside a crying Amy "You best find your way to my office right now!"

"No!" Not a good time little Rachel! "I mean yes Mam!"

I quickly run past and go inside the office. I freeze when I see Jesse looking confused. Oh god she is not mad about the incident completely. He told her about the other incidents.

"Sit down" I run to a chair and sit as mom comes in with a door slam "What is this I hear about you picking on 'bad' singers and making fun of a blind girl?"

"I-I do not know" She raises a eyebrow and I look at Jesse "How could you?!"

"Rachel look at me now" I slowly turn back toward mom "Why are you acting like this?"

"I have not ever had any reason not to!" I feel the tears forming "I...I had nothing! I had no one! No one to show me right from wrong! So yes I mess up sometimes! I try though...I just have no idea how to"

"We ruined that for her" I turn and see the girls come in "We had her as the loser till recently"

"You are going to apologize to Amy later ok?" I nod and mom holds out her arms "I think you need some cuddles and sleep"

I look at Jesse who nods. He did not tell her about the peeing incident. I give a wink and she nods to me. I walk over and get into her arms and relax.

-Shelby singing-

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town

"May I?" Santana comes over and runs a hand through my hair as a pacifier gets placed in my mouth "Please?"

Mom hands me to her and I nestle in. She feels so safe just like mom does. She rocks my some as she sits on moms lap. Brittany comes into view with a smile on her face.

-Santana singing-

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a streetlamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools," said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence

I feel my eyelids grow heavy and let out a yawn. I hear a chuckle but I just ignore it. I can do with taking a nap. I am not needed for the meeting glee anyways.

-Shelby pov-
"We can discuss bringing you back tomorrow" I help Santana stand up with Rachel "For now we need to get this little one home"

"It is not fair to take me back with no audition Shelby" I frown and Jesse looks at me stubbornly "It has been tradition Shelby and you know it"

"Fine" I toss Quinn my keys "Make sure she is buckled up and ready"

She nods and the three walk out. Jesse walks out and brings Brittany back in. I sigh and motion her over. I guess we are having another judge in here too.

-Jesse singing-
When the rain is blowin' in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawlin' down the avenue
No, there's nothin' that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on the rollin' sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothin' like me yet

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love

"I assume I am judging?" We both nod and Brittany goes silent for a few minutes "You seem out of practice but good! Welcome back! Never hurt Rachel again...Bye!"

"Ok" We watch Brittany skip out and Jesse looks at me nervously "She is scary"

"Yeah" I walk over and pat his back "Welcome back to the team chief"

He nods and we walk out together. Regionals is going to be a easy win. There should be no way we lose. But I am more focused on my first date coming up.

Santana and Brittany are not going to know what hit them!