Chapter 17: Nationals part 3

-Rachel pov-
We are backstage waiting for the judges to make their picks. We are at least waiting for someone to notify us that the results are in. We all jump when there is a knock on the door. Mom goes over and opens it before growling.

"We come in peace" Mom steps back with crossed arms "May we come in?"

"Please?" Mercedes and her mom are here. Mom hesitantly nods and they walk in "They posted the results...Judy behind me can back us up that neither team won"

"What?" Mercedes looks at me and nods with a frown "How?! Both of our teams got the biggest reaction!"

"Actually three others got a little more" I raises a confused eyebrow at Quinn "You had a bathroom break and got lost"

"So where did we all place?" Mercedes does not respond "What?"

"You all got fourth and we got tenth" Mercedes sighs and shakes her head "Look...I messed up and I do not deserve your forgiveness ok? I got a taste of it a little while ago"

"The Jersey parents are horrible" Mrs. Jones looks close to tears "They threatened to make sure I never have a job there again!"

"So we are moving back to Ohio" Mercedes looks me in the eyes with her watery ones "I...I am so sorry ok? I was jealous because you have the voice, you have everyone's attention, and no one cares about me! I am just the fat black girl in the club...so when Finn asked if I wanted to get revenge....I had no idea at first we would hit you but anger took over and I joined him"

"You are really not helping yourself" Brittany smacks my thigh and I pout "Go on please Mercedes before I get hit again"

"I will go to Carmel high because that is all i can do" Mercedes sighs and looks at her feet "I will stay out of the club but...I just wanted to let you know I am so sorry for what I have done"

I look between them club members and mom "If you can sing and tryout I think we could find a spot" Mercedes smiles at me with hope filled eyes "But! You must never do what you did to anyone else again!"

"Alright!" Mercedes goes to walk but stops "Limits...can I do my audition now?"

We all nod and she seems to be in thought before she starts to sing.

(Lyrics from genius)

[ARTIE]
Your lights are on but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say "can't get enough"
You know you're gonna have to face it
You're addicted to love

You see the signs but you can't read
You're runnin' at a different speed
You heart beats in double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine
A one track mind, you can't be saved
Oblivion is all you crave
If there's some left for you
You don't mind if you do

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say "can't get enough"
You know you're gonna have to face it
You're addicted to love

Might as well face it, you're addicted to love

Might as well, wo-oh, yeah

Your lights are on but you're not home
Your will is not your own
Your heart sweats, your teeth grind
Another kiss and you'll be mine, oh no