Chapter 19: Nationals part 5

-Shelby pov-
The past few days has been nice and bad. I have had fun touring the city for sure. But Rachel also refuses to talk to all of us. She will follow but that is about it.

I just want my daughter back. I do not care if it is as a baby or an adult! I just want my Rachel back! I need to have my Rachel back!

I am knocked from my thoughts when I bump into someone. I quickly pick up my clothes and sigh. Just great you big doofus. I look up and see it is Rachel with her own clothes.

"Do..do you need money for the wash?" She starts to shake her head but nods "Come on then"

"Thank you" The walk there is silent after that until she starts to fill the machine "They did not come...you did not notice but they did not come like they said they would"

"Who?" She sniffles and does not respond "Rach?"

"My dads" I think back and I sigh when I realize she tells the truth "I have felt like the loneliness is what I deserve...so when Quinn was not loving me or taking care of little me I just...I broke"

"Oh baby" I pull Rachel into me and hold her tightly "You are not alone ok? You are surrounded by loved ones! We love you so much! So what if your dads did not come? We were here and may not have won but we did our best right?"

"Yeah" She sniffles with a small smile before breaking down "I am so sorry!"

"It is ok baby girl" We go to the floor and I rock her in my arms "It's ok"

-Shelby singing-

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

"Is everything ok?" I turn to see a worried Santana in the doorway "You two alright?"

"I think so" I look down at Rachel who is nestled into me "Rach? You ok?"

I do not get a response and get worried. I pull her back some and see her sucking her thumb. I let out a watery chuckle and pull her close again. My baby is back with me and so is my little Rachel.

I pick her up as Santana smiles with love. We walk back to the room together after Santana gets the clothes going. We get inside the room and I notice everyone looking worried. I smile and show that little Rachel is out.

"Can..may I?" I look at Quinn and nod "Thank you...can we get some privacy for a second?"

"Let's go get ready for the day!" Maribel stands up and walks toward the door "They will be in the lobby with us soon"

"You have been given a set time" I smile and hand Rachel to Quinn so I can get Beth "Good luck love"

-Quinn pov-
I watch everyone walk out and sit down. I look at little Rachel who looks at me with wild eyes. She looks ready to break in my arms. I hold so much over her.

She puts so much trust in me. I take a deep breath and pull down my shirt. I love her thumb away and hold her up. Soon she starts suckling and I smile as o start to rock us.

"I was so scared of destroying us I did not think about letting this happen" I run a hand through her hair as she feeds "I love you so much Rachel that it scares me...I am so willing to give everything to you that....that I am so afraid to lose you or even myself if I let you in too far...I just...I just love you and I want you to know I am so sorry..I am so sorry"

Little Rachel's hand slowly comes up to my face. I chuckle and put a hand over it. I switch her over after a few more minutes. I sigh and look at the girl in my arms.

-Quinn singing-

It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money, but, boy, if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor, heh, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show
I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song, and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well, a few of the verses, well, they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting, but these things I do
You see, I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

"Thank you" I see adult Rachel has broken through some "Thank you so much"

"Of course love" I kiss her forehead as I see little Rachel coming to the front again "Let's go down and see how we can get around"

I help her to the elevator and then to the others. We head out to the cars and head to our locations for today. Rachel takes a nap on the way and I hold her close to me. I am never losing this feeling again.

I messed up and I will not mess up like that again. I should have talked instead of shutting her out. I knew what I was doing but I tried to ignore it. I did not want ti hurt her but I wanted to be safe.

I just have doubts about myself. I know that I have issues that need helped with. I will go see help during the summer. I sigh as I look out the window.

"STOP THE CAR!" We screech to a halt and Rachel groans awake "Unlock the doors!"

"Ok?" Shelby unlocks the door confused "What is happening?"

"Something" I rush out and to the person I saw "Fran? Frannie Fabray?"

"Lucy?" I nod and my sisters eyes go wide "You made it! Oh you finally got my letters! Now we can be sisters again!"

"Letters?" Fran frowns at my confusion "What letters Fran?"

"That I sent to the house with money" I shake my head and fran sighs "You all moved huh?"

"Explains how the bastard kept getting money" Fran tenses as mom walks over "I left him fran after you sister got kicked out"

"I have a daughter" Fran looks shocked and I nod "Come with us?"

Fran looks hesitant and I hold out my hand. She slowly takes it and I lead her back to the car. She looks tired and like she has been tight on cash. I am confused cause I thought she was in Florida.

Why is she here and New York?