𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐝'𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞 || 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐊𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐱𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤!𝐎𝐂

Summary: Steve finds a companion whose darkness might just match his

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is dark. I am FULLY AWARE of how profoundly fucked up this is. MINORS, DO NOT INTERACT WITH THIS. I'm so serious about this one.

There are also HUGE spoilers for Fresh.

I do not condone the actions in this fic. I think that's pretty fucking obvious, but I just want to say it anyway. This is PURELY fiction. I'm an adult and I know the difference between fiction and reality. That's all I'm going to say about that.

MASSIVE CONTENT AND TRIGGER WARNINGS: smut, kidnapping, blood, blood drinking, mentions of cannibalism and murder, discussions of stalking and serial killing, drugging.

+++

Steve doesn't remember when he started hunting people. He supposes it's always been a part of him - a monster in his closet that he kept hidden, but continued to nurture as he grew. As a child, he was naturally observant, mirroring people and charming them to get what he wanted out of them. You can get a lot out of someone if you're careful, if you move when they move, and mimic their body language. If it's subtle, most people don't notice it. Hell, they're drawn to you because of it. He could have people wrapped around his finger in seconds. Steve found that he was more than conventionally attractive and a warm smile went a hell of a long way.

His father called his tactics manipulative, but Steve sees human interaction as a game. Everyone wants something from someone else. Some of us are just better at getting it.

It was much easier with women. With men, he had to appeal to their bravado; make shitty sexist jokes, talk about sports which he always found boring. Steve was more into art because it required precision, endless practice and dedication. He loves ballet, painting, music, all things his father found to be "too feminine." Steve always enjoyed the finer details rather than the bigger picture. It's probably why he's so good at what he does.

His mother used to take him to the ballet, the opera, and she introduced him to fine art. She even bought him his first anatomy book when he was a kid. That's when he remembers being interested in what someone's insides looked like, what they would smell like, or feel like in his hands. He fantasized about licking blood off of his fingertips and embracing the darkness that had been slowly consuming him over the course of his life.

The first time he tasted human flesh, he was 18. She was an ex-girlfriend. They got into a fight and his rage took over completely. He still doesn't remember killing her. He must have blacked out, but after it was over, he felt a sense of calm wash over him that he had never felt before.

And he wanted a taste of her. So, he consulted his anatomy books and went to work. After that, he knew he could never go back to eating animals. They weren't as smooth, the cuts weren't as easy to work with, no matter how good the butcher was, and the flavor wasn't as rich and complex. It didn't melt in your mouth the same way.