𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐧 || 𝐌𝐚𝐱 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐱𝐎𝐂

CW: Dom!Max, oral sex, submissive original male character, light physical abuse, ass slapping, drugging, theft, illusions to past sexual assault, dubious consent, hate sex

If you haven't seen Sharper, this is going to spoil some things for you inadvertently.

THE RITZ-CARLTON, NEW YORK

Boring, that was what all of these men were. They all wore the same Armani suits and had four of them in different colors. They all took her to the same restaurant— different name, but same atmosphere. Wealthy, stuffy, drinks that were mediocre and too expensive because they were made with organic gin or whatever the fuck. What the fuck was organic gin anyway?

They all paid with the same black Amex. They all wore the same Rolex. Some of them didn't even know it was fake.

But Harper did.

She knew everything about them. The movements in the hands of the watch were jerky, and she could see the crystal etched crown logo clear as day, a tell-tale sign. This guy didn't know that. He wore it with pride. New money. Grew up poor, most likely. Harper could tell by the way he balked slightly at the prices on the menu, or the way he didn't seem to know the proper procedures when it came to tasting wine. Nobody born into money would do these things. It would come naturally.

He was easy prey, and she didn't feel bad about it. Never feel sorry for the mark.

Most of these guys had more than enough money to spare. And most of them barely gave to charity.

All she was doing was exchanging services. It's what capitalism was built on.

They wanted sex, she wanted their credit card numbers, without them attached to them.

Harper didn't like strings. She liked being a ghost.

She'd been running scams on powerful men for a while now. It was so easy. Literally. Like taking candy from a fucking baby. They were so trusting, and it helped that she played dumb. What's an investment portfolio? Oh, that sounds so interesting. Tell me more. Do you know anything about Crypto? Oh, you own it? Wow, that's so cool.

They ate it up, because men were fucking idiots.

She'd get them up to their room with the promise of sex, and then watch them fix drink after drink, thinking they were getting her drunk. Really, she was just pouring the booze into one of the many fake plants while their backs were turned.

Harper would wait for them to pass out, write down their credit card numbers, take them back to her boss, and get her cut. In the past week, she's made a million dollars.

And then she would start the whole process over again. Every night she was a different woman. Stella, Zoe, Natalie, Emery... she just picked a name off of her phone, made up a personality, and went with it. It was like putting on a costume every night and performing, even if that performance was only for herself, it was still intensely gratifying.