Episode 07

It was beautiful, the chapel that is. Penelope was turning seven years old that day, and yes, it was her idea to spend her birthday in a chapel on that specific day. A month ago, Elijah proposed to his mother, and she said yes this time. That being said with the poor child secretly longing for a complete family, she persuaded her mother in that direction.

There was a dinner date at Bonnie's in a small town a few minutes outside the business district. A three bedroom house with a kitchen, dining and living room with a garden.

She had helped her mother cook after learning that Elijah was coming over. Well, she only rinsed the vegetables. Setting a six sitter table for three, obviously planning for the guest to be placed at the head.

While Elijah was cutting her steak, her mother was stealing glances at him, he was too cheerful for his own good. Watching her rub the back of her neck with her right hand that had a piece of jewelry she had never seen before. She watched as it collided briefly with the gold necklace he first purchased for her. She certainly remembers the day like it was yesterday, better yet, three months ago. But that is a story for another day.

Elijah switched their plates, handing the toddler her neatly cut steak with steamed mixed vegetables, taking Bonnie's before resuming the same act. She did not need her magic to sense the anxiety in the atmosphere. Well, more like awkwardness.

Dying to say something, for them to stop treating her like a child, she smiled at her stupid thought. "I would really appreciate it if you would stop treating me like a basic human, a fool." Both the adults snapped their hands her way. "He has asked for your hand in marriage again," she said as though she was raised in the 50's, "and you said yes, this time around. Was that really too hard?"

The older witch was choking on her words but her face remained passive. The Original heard her heartbeat quickening as she stilled in her seat. "Actually, Penelope," he jumped in, "what your mother and I will like to know is if you are alright with all of this, since it had not been that long since we've both been acquainted."

"Well," she took a small bite of her steak, "you take care of mommy, so I don't see anything wrong." She didn't even take a minute to think about it.

The couple stared at each other, raising their eyebrows in astonishment.

~~~

Present Time

It was weird for her, but not surprising at all. She had been through all this before. Being placed second best and also being lied to.

He just stood there, staring at her. All his common sense and reasoning skills declining.

She couldn't take it any longer as she stood to leave the room, the guestroom. The room she was given to as a guest, not the wife of Elijah Mikaelson.

His room was still occupies by his girlfriend belongings.

He had no idea what to say till he heard his hybrid brother's howling downstairs in the foyer.

His rage was all over his face, they all knew it. Including Bonnie who was already on her way out while passing everyone as if they are strangers. Well, they technical were.

"Where is he?" Klaus roared, gaining everyone's attention.

Freya sighed, knowing what was to come. Keelin rolled her eyes at the dramatic act, along with Rebekah who was by the armchair with a glass of whiskey.

Bonnie had a passive expression. She was already next him while the Original hybrid was marching in. "Let's go sight your daughter's mother." She raised her hands before he could ridiculed. "Whatever this is will wait till things get back to normal," Keelin scoffed. "Well, our very own kind of normal."