Episode 08

Rousseau's Bar

The past seven years, there was so much peace to suffocate everyone in New Orleans and beyond. Well, if one doesn't count the few tassels that came along the way.

One will assume that in just a snap of a finger, it would have appeared that that very seven years ago was just a myth. Appearing as though the Mikaelson's have always been in the city, business as usual.

The residents paid no mind to the atmosphere, the tourist barely knowing the difference, everyone but Vincent Griffith.

The warlock was sitting by the bar with Josh by his right, having their moment with a glass of the finest whiskey each. The vampire was busy running his mouth about something Vincent had no interest in, as his sight was set behind Josh.

Werewolves and vampires had created a commotion in a corner next to the bar, right in Vincent's view. The snapping of ones finger is what broke his attention.

Turning his sight to the blonde bartender, a vampire, Josh's friend. "I've asked if you going to have that," she said, "Josh is already in his third."

He took a deep breath so he doesn't be rude since she appeared to be too enthusiastic, lord knows about what. "Uhm," he said as he glanced down at his drink, "I am. My mind was away for a moment there." Vincent watched her nod before walking away, then met the gaze of the walking dead on his right. "What?" he questioned.

Josh shrugged as he played with the content in his glass. "You really weren't listening to me, were you?"

"If you about to let me know how offended you are, don't bother," the warlock said before gazing back at the almost resolved commotion, causing Josh to follow suit.

"Let me guess," the vampire said as turned back to him, "you are about to let me know how worried you are about nothing."

Vincent snorted. "When last have you seen unnecessary fights breakout?"

"People fight all the time, Vincent," the undead boy ridiculed, "is this the first time you see a fight in your life, let alone a bar first. You seriously need to get out more man."

The warlock knitted his eyebrows as Josh drank his whiskey, severing the taste. Just as he was about to have his, he found the glass had disappeared when had been there a second ago. Turning to find Marcel, mockingly severing the taste as well on his left.

"You are paying for that," he stated whilst folding his arms to his chest.

"I would have if I had money on me and beside," Marcel said as he took a seat, "if Klaus doesn't find Hayley any minute now, neither of us will be alive to see the next sunset, to even care about a stupid bill."

Vincent rolled his eyes. "The sooner they do, the sooner they will all leave the city."

"The sooner they kill us or the sooner they find Hayley?" Josh asked even as he had intended for it to sound like a joke, it was clearly a serious question due to their circumstances.

"Look," Marcel address, "Klaus called. He and Bonnie have found a lead outside town," deciding to continue after Vincent rolled his eyes at the name, "and Keelin went to the bayou. There must be something we can do."

"You actually think that you can convince the vampires to search for a hybrid," Josh asked, "their predictor?" Vincent leaned into his seat intrigued, unfolding his arms.

"When they learn what is at risk, yes," Marcel admitted.

Josh and Vincent both shared a knowing expression on their face, resulting with the baby vamp raising the issue. "Does this have anything to do with Rebekah?"