ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ

CTTO: secret-ssociety

 Plot: mirabel x touch starved reader

Pairing(s): Mirabel Madrigal x reader

Warnings: none, just fluff <3

How could she?

How could she stand there and look so beautiful when you couldn't touch her?

It wasn't fair that your brother could look for whatever excuse to touch Isabela without anyone batting an eye, but you had to hold your urges to brush that rebel strand of hair out of Mirabel's forehead.

For all your parents cared, the evening was perfect, they were happily discussing the someday engagement between Isabela and Mariano, while the raven haired girl was nothing but smiles to your brother's never ending flow of compliments, they were all too busy to notice the way your leg bounced under the table.

The air felt sour and the food tasted dull in your mouth, and it wasn't that Julieta's cooking was anything else than spectacular, it was that the bitterness of your situation took over all your senses.

Already three months since you and Mirabel were together, the happiest months of your life except for the goddamn secret you had to keep your relationship in. Your parents were dying for a relationship with the Madrigals, but if they found out they already had it, they wouldn't react well because it was yours and not Mariano's.

"Dolores," Mirabel spoke, making your head pop from your plate, "can you switch seats with me? I'm not used to sitting on the head."

The older girl shot you a knowing smile and you had to keep a blush from creeping up to your cheeks. Of course, you suspected Dolores knew about your relationship with her cousin, with that gift of hers there probably wasn't anything in town she didn't know, but still you weren't sure.

You didn't hide your smile when Mirabel sat beside you in silence. Now it would be even harder to push your urges into the back of your head, but God, you loved having her near.

And then, you felt her hand tangle into yours under the table.

Your breath hitched and whatever effort to keep yourself from blushing went right into the trash. She started caressing your hand with her thumb and your whole body started trembling, oh, Mirabel knew just the effect she had on you.

Thankful like you had never been for the little attention everyone else payed you when Mariano was around, you squeezed her hand back as you tried to eat a little more cheerful. Even the adults' conversations sounded less boring with her by your side.

Her touch calmed down the anxiety on your nerves and, at the same time, made it nearly impossible to keep your composure. How could you crave someone's touch as badly as you craved hers? How could you be so starved of it that the simple gesture of holding your hand threatened to throw you over the edge.

"Can I go with Y/N to my room?" Mirabel asked when the dinner was over. "I want to show them some stuff."

"Of course," Alma nodded with a smile while your parents nodded approvingly, "make yourself at home, Y/N."

"Thank you," you said before following Mirabel upstairs.

Once the door of the old nursery was closed, you threw yourselves into each other's embrace. Her fingers cradled your face while your arms wrapped around her waist, your lips meeting up in a desperate kiss. She held you as close to her face as it was physically possible and your hands traveled across her column to close any gaps between your bodies.

"Hi," she said out of breath when you broke the kiss.

"Hi."

It took you less than five minutes to find your way to her bed, where you laid together for what felt like hours. You talked about everything and your long conversations were complemented with white gaps of silence where you simply gazed into each other.

Your hands were still around her waist, holding her close to you while hers rested on your face tracing over the constellations of your freckles. Very small actions were required to have you a beaming mess in her arms. She traveled her hands to the back of your head from time to time, tangling her fingers into your head, and your body could barely contain the shaking.

"I like when you do that," she told you.

"Do what?"

"Shiver like that," Mirabel answered and you gave her half a smile.

"Keep doing that to my hair and I'll do it more," you suggested, refering to the little swirls she was doing in your scalp with the tips of her fingers.

She obliged and you simply closed your eyes, resting the full weight of your head against her pillow and allowed yourself to completely melt in her touch. Whatever possessed you when Mirabel loved you like that, you could stay and live in it.

After a little while of drawings on top of your scalp, you felt Mirabel's breath hit closer to your face before she started to pepper slow pecks across your forehead, your eyelids, the bridge of your nose, making her way down to your mouth. She was sweet against your lips, tender, loving, and you wondered if maybe she had a secret magical gift linked to controlling time.

Was it possible that maybe Dolores heard the dangerous way of your heart beating itself against your ribcage?

Her kisses were small, one pressed into your lips after the other, soft and warm, before diving right into a long one that ended were your top lip resulted prisoner of her teeth. Her kisses were never ending, which you liked the most.

At least, they were until the door burst open.

You both jumped from the bed, completely out of breath, to find Dolores looking at you from the entrance of the room. Now your heart was definitely going to explode, but not exactly with the warmth as before.

"I knocked," she anticipated the possible claim of invasion of privacy.

"Dolores," Mirabel swallowed heavily, "please don't tell anyone."

The tall girl stared at her cousin for a few seconds before bursting out laughing. Telling someone? She had been keeping that secret before you even started dating.

"Y/N, unless you're going to ask to sleep over, you're going home now, your parents are waiting for you at the front door." Dolores turned around to leave, but stopped in her tracks to say one last thing. "And you might want to fix your hair before coming down. Hm." And with that high pitched sound that was so characteristic of her, she left.

Mirabel and you shared a relieved look, before you reached out to cup your girlfriend's face and give her one last kiss.