Jealous

CTTO: froggywritesstuff

Pairings: jealous!Mirabel x fem!reader

Warnings: angst, fluff, not proofread

The sound of Y/N's laughter sounded through out the Casita.

Normally, that sound would've been music to Mirabel's ear. The only problem was who was making Y/N laugh.

Once again, Mirabel saw Y/N and Camilo laughing together.

That wasn't even the first time Mirabel had seen the two together.

Y/N was meant to be Mirabel's best friend, so why was she always with Camilo?

Though, Mirabel had to admit that she wasn't only jealous of their friendship. She had always felt something more between herself and Y/N, and she had always hoped that Y/N felt the same. Unfortunately, that hope was dwindling as she watched Y/N and Camilo laughing and having a good time together. The way they both looked so happy together. She wished she could make Y/N laugh like that.

Mirabel couldn't take it anymore. With a huff, she stormed back into her room, dramatically slamming the door shut.

"Why would she ever like me?" she sighed, leaning against her wall, sliding down until she was sat on the floor.

Outside of the nursery, Camilo and Y/N stood together, wide smiles on their faces as they laughed at something that probably would've made no sense to any sane person.

"Hey, Mirabel," Y/N began, laughter mixing with her voice, "you gotta come and..." Y/N trailed off, eyebrows furrowed together in confusion when Mirabel was nowhere to be seen. "She was here a minute ago, where'd she go?" Y/N asked, receiving a shrug from Camilo.

"Maybe she went back to her room?" Camilo suggested, gesturing to the door that he had previously heard slam shut.

"Do you think she's ok?" Y/N asked, concern lacing her voice.

Camilo's once concerned expression morphed into a smug one as he smirked at his friend, "Why don't you go check on her?"

Her cheeks instantly heated up at those words. Years back, Y/N had made the dumb decision of sharing her secret crush with Camilo. Camilo was ecstatic when he found out, and spent every second relentlessly teasing her about it.

"Shut it, you." Y/N hissed, only getting a laugh from the shapeshifter.

"What? It's not my fault you're in love with her."

With a roll of her eyes, Y/N proceeded to push past Camilo and walk in the direction of the nursery.

Gently knocking on the door, Y/N called out to her, "Mira? You ok?"

Mirabel's head shot up in shock, quickly wiping the tears that had stained her cheeks, "Yeah," she spoke, the crack in her voice filling Y/N with concern.

"Can I come in?"

"Mm-hmm," Mirabel hummed in response, biting the inside of her cheek, knowing that Y/N was worried, and would most likely come inside no matter what she said.