Picnic

CTTO: froggywritesstuff

Pairing: Mirabel Madrigal x g/n! reader

Warnings: none that I can think of, just cute Mirabel and Camilo being a slightly annoying cousin

‘Knock, knock,’ your knuckles banged against the hard front door.

The door creaked open, revealing the shape shifting Madrigal child.

A huge grin appeared in his face when he saw you, as well as a mischievous glint in his eyes.

”Oh, hey Y/N!” He called, way too loud to greet someone who was standing right in front of you.

Before you could question it, an angered scream sounded from upstairs in the Casita.

”Camilo!” you heard the familiar shout from Mirabel.

”MiRaBeL!” Camilo called in a mocking voice.

You let out an awkward chuckle as you gripped the woven picnic basket handle tighter behind your back.

Before Camilo could make another comment, he disappeared from sight, getting pulled away from the door.

You started at the empty doorway in shock as many yells and ‘oofts’ came from inside the Casita.

”Y/N!” Mirabel greeted cheerfully, her voice drowned out by her heavy breathing.

”Uh, hey!” you responded, trying to ignore what probably just happened.

She ran a hand through her hair, before walking through the door to come closer to you.

”Sorry about them,” she huffed, gesturing to inside the Casita where Camilo was on the floor, dying of laughter.

“You should’ve seen your face!” He wheezed, before the sound of the door shutting cut him off.

You laughed a little, before turning back to Mirabel, “Well, you ready to go?” 

She nodded excitedly, “You got the thing?”

You grinned, pulling out the picnic basket behind your back, “You know, you don’t have to just call it ‘the thing’?”

”Please! If Dolores hears that I’m going on a date with you that involves a… you know what, she’d go crazy! And she’s definitely tell everyone, and I mean, everyone.”

You just let another laugh, before taking Mirabel’s hand, “Come on, you dork, we can’t spend the whole day worrying about your cousin.”

With a pleased sigh, you and Mirabel began your walk.

Obviously, you two took the long way, going all the way around the town instead of through it.

It could’ve been because you wanted to take the more scenic route, or that you just wanted to spend more time with each other.

Let’s be real, of course it was the second

You two told stories, made jokes and flirted the whole walk there.