High School Level Drama

TW - MENTIONS OF BLOOD

Elizabeth was sitting alone at one of the tables in a chip shop, staring blankly at the Doctor and Sarah Jane, who were silently laughing about something while fixing up K9. The blond's mind overcome with millions of questions.

Why didn't he ever mention the woman?

They seem to be very close but one day he just stopped talking to her?  

What happened?

Will he do the same to her and Rose? 

Elizabeth tried to convince herself that he wouldn't be so cruel, but now that she thinks of it, she really doesn't know anything about the time traveller. She's only been with them for a week, and during all that time, they have never just sat down and chatted. Hell, she's not even sure anymore how old he is.

Or maybe she should have listened to David-

"All this time you've been giving it, "he's different!", when the truth is, he's just like any other bloke."

Mickey and Rose took a seat next to Elizabeth startling the girl out of her thoughts. She leaned back in her seat, crossed her arms and decided to better listen to the two's conversation.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Rose threw back, ignoring her boyfriend, and ate her chips. Elizabeth didn't feel that hungry, which was unusual for her.

"Maybe not, " Mickey looked back at the couple sitting by the window, "but if I were you... I'd go easy on the chi-OW!" Mickey winced rubbing his arm where Elizabeth had hit him. Across the table, she gave him a silent look of disbelief and disappointment, making the man apologise to Rose. Still, Rose stopped eating and pushed the food away. The couple then slipped back into conversation not saying anything else about it.

Elizabeth stopped listening to them and fixed her gaze back over to the Doctor. She only saw 3/4 of his face because he was talking to Sarah Jane but still observed him. His body language was light and relaxed. His shoulders shook with silent laughter. Mouth hanging slightly open with concentration. He looked happy.

"Rose, how old is the Doctor?" Elizabeth asked the blonde, not breaking her stare at the young man's head. Rose furrowed her eyebrows in thought and answered.

"902 if I remember right."

Elizabeth finally tore her eyes away from him and muttered a soft "What?" but the excited cheer of the Doctor left her question unanswered.

"Oh, hey. Now we're in business." He leaps to his feet and stands in front of K9.

"Master." The metal dog says in a cute robotic voice.

"He recognises me."The Doctor beamed ecstatically, looking back at the trio. The three stood up from their table and walked closer, marvelling at the talking robot dog.

"Affirmative." Elizabeth thought if he had a proper face, he would have smiled.

"Rose, give us the oil." The Doctor extended his hand and Rose fished the small glass jar out of her pocket, handing it to him. He took the lid off the jar and was just about to dip his finger in when Rose warned him.

"I wouldn't touch it, though. That dinner lady got all scorched." 

"I'm no dinner lady." said the Doctor in a serious tone but then stopped, glanced at Elizabeth and added as an afterthought, "And for the record, I don't often say that." Elizabeth giggled, pursed her lips and nodded in understatement. He then smeared some of the oil onto his finger, and K9 extended a probe from its forehead to analyse it.