On The Run

With closed eyes, Elizabeth waited for the electric shock of the Cybermen to end her life, but instead through her shut eyelids she saw a flash of golden light and heard screams of the metal men being destroyed. She opened her eyes again just in time to see the Doctor lowering the power cell that he had just used to save them all.

"What the hell was that?" Ricky asked.

"We'll have that instead, run!" The Doctor shouted at them and they ran. Elizabeth grabbed Marie's hand again, not wanting her to fall behind. While running the blonde shot a quick glance behind them and saw yet another group of Cybermen marching up on the property. However, her attention got snatched away as a blue van dove up to them, hooting its horn to catch their attention. As it stopped a woman opened the van door, shouting at them "Everybody in!" 

Elizabeth quickly pushed Marie in first. Luckily the woman didn't protest much against the girl practically dragging her around. She wanted to get out of there as much as the rest of them and fast. Already seated in the van, Elizabeth watched as the Doctor ran after Pete, who was trying to get back into the house, no doubt in hopes of trying to save Jackie.

"Come on, get a move on!" The woman shouted at them again. Whatever the Doctor told Pete worked as the man changed his mind and jumped into the van. Rose and The Doctor soon followed. 

"Finished chatting?" The woman asked sarcastically. "Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" She sped off, leaving the cybermen slowly marching behind them.

Once they had gotten as far away from the Tyler mansion to be considered safe, the van slowed down to a steady speed. Elizabeth could feel Marie's questioning gaze at the side of her head, but the young woman avoided looking at her like a plague. The blonde was in a state of shock and didn't know where to even begin explaining if Marie started asking questions. Instead, she shifted her eyes between Mickey and his doubleganger, who was glaring at the newcomers through the grilling at the front of the van.

"What was that thing?" he pointed at the power cell that the Doctor was still holding in his hand.

"Little bit of technology from my home." The Doctor tossed it up in the air and caught it in his hands again. 

"It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?" their Mickey asked a little worried.

The Doctor shook his head, comforting them "It's on a revitalising loop. It'll charge back up in about four hours." He then put it in his pocket for safekeeping. Elizabeth watched carefully in which he put it, knowing how he tends to lose things. She had no intentions of staying in this world any longer than necessary.

"Right. So, we don't have a weapon anymore."  Ricky scowled.

"Yeah, we've got weapons. Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him." Jake pointed at Pete accusingly. 

Still holding tightly to the van bench, Marie scoffed loudly and turned to face the 2 men at the front of the van "Excusez moi, but I believe Mr. Tyler has done nothing wrong!" she scolded them. 

"Yeah, leave him alone! What's he done wrong?" Rose agreed with Marie, defending her parallel earth father.

Jake scoffed, eyeing the two women in disgust for siding with the enemy "Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left Lumic in charge." His voice dripped with sarcasm. 

"If I was part of all that, do you think I'd leave my wife inside?" Pete replied, anger and grief laced in his voice. 

"Maybe your plan went wrong. Still gives us the right to execute you, though." Ricky glared at him, making that permanent frown on his face even more profound. This angered the Doctor, causing him to immediately snap back at Ricky.