IV

This is it. Camilo has no choice. He's going to fully confront Francesca.

All morning, and even this afternoon, all he could think of was how was he going to confront her. He got so distracted by his thoughts that the children he entertained thought that he's "in love with someone."

<Flashback>

Before he could say anything after Francesca opened the door, Antonio ran and hugged his legs while apologizing. "Dios mio Tonito, don't do that again okay?" The litte boy sworn he'll never run away, which made Camilo chuckled.

"Señorita, gracias-" He stopped. He noticed Francesca's expression and gulped. Hecould only think of three words: Anger, Disgusted, and Hatred.

But as soon as her eyes landed on Antonio, she turned soft. "See you tomorrow, Antonio!" She gave him a wave before closing the door.

'What just happened?', he thought.

Confused, both of the Madrigals walked their way to the Casa. While Antonio rambled with his toucan, Camilo's mind was swarmed by questions.

What's up with her? Is she angry at me? Did I do something wrong-

"By the way, she gave me this!" Antonio show off the sunflower to his hermano's face. "She said it was a gift for me because her gift in in the ceremony got ruined that night."

"Oh?"

"Yeah! She told me it was a boquet! I wonder what flowers did she put in the boquet. Hey do you think it was-" Antonio continued rambled to his toucan. Camilo's eyes widen.

Boquet. Gift for ceremony. Ruined.

He realized it was Francesca that he bumped into. The one that he accidentally stepped her boquet. The one that cried and leaved.

'So it was her?', he couldn't believed it. How can he forget that event? He felt ashamed. He felt guilt. Of course Francesca would hate him.

But it was an accident.

And she knew it. Of course she knew it was an accident, right?

Still in his thoughts, someone cleared their throat and it was Dolores, reminding them that they're already in the Casa. Camilo looked at Dolores, who was not looking happy as she crossed her arms.

"Talk with me after lunch."

<end of flashback>

"Are you okay?" Cecilia, one of the children, asked him with a concerning look. Camilo cleared his throat but was interrupted by Juancho, the coffee kid. "HE'S IN LOVE, CECILIA! IN LOVE!" He exclaimed before continued drinking his coffee.

The children around him started chanting about their favorite shapeshifter falling in love. Camilo's cheeks became warm and tried to stop them, but failed. With a sigh, he shapeshifted into his '7 foot frame' Tio Bruno, which made the children stopped and squealed.

As he de-transform while laughing, he already made a plan to on how to confront the flower girl.

___________

"Alright, that should do." Karlos proudly said as he finished fixing the toy. Francesca's eyes lit up and clapped, with Pablo's snoring heard in the background.

Pablo started fixing the toy yesterday, but as soon as his papa came home, he called it a day and sleep, which made Karlos, with the help of Abuela Juana again, worked the toy from yesterday night until afternoon.

"Gracias, papa! I can finally give this to Antonio." Francesca picked up the toy and was about to leave when her abuela stopped her. "I'll go with you. I'm going to visit Alma."

As they walked, her thoughts went to yesterday's event,where Camilo gulped because of her expression.

I don't like him. He destroyed my flowers anyways. He deserved that.

But something made her confused: Camilo's confused expression after she said goodbye to Antonio only.

Why is he confused? He didn't remember? How could he not remember that it's me he bumped into? Is he acting dumb or really dumb-

Her thoughts stopped when she heard somethinf below them. Both of her abuela acted quickly and moved from on the other side, and a cracked formed. She looked at Juana with confusion, but her abuela was looking at something and she followed where she looked at it.

The Casa was slowly cracking and soon after, it fell apart.