VIII (PT. 1)

Camilo lowkey doesnt like to admit but he wanted to see Francesca today. Not only he already had the answer if she's forgiven, but also an opportunity to ask her to be his friend.

Last week, he was unhappy that she turned down Dolores' invitation. All afternoon, his hermana teased him with Francesca (including Isabela on the background), but Camilo shutted her down when he teased her back with the mention of her boyfriend, Mariano.

Few days after, he may be in town helping people and entertaining the children, but he didn't see her nor her family members. Odd, he said. Alma's and other people's orders prevented him from visiting her home, this made the boy sad.

But the week has already been passed and hopefully, he'll saw her today.

__________

"Gracias, Camilo. I'm pretty sure you know these kids are handful." One of the townspeople, Valaria, let Camilo entered her home happily. Valaria Gomez was a single mother and handling her twins while juggling work's a hassle.

"I am so glad that you're available today! Goodness, my little nephew is sick. He's usually do the babysitting." Camilo nodded every words she said. The 50 year old woman ushered the boy to go to the kitchen and commanded him. Valaria then told her about the rules and dos and donts."There are desserts in the kitchen and you can have those after lunch. Do not let them eat more than one. Make sure they don't break anything in this house." "Got it, Senora!", Camilo give her thumbs up.

"I knew I could count on you!" Valaria exclaimed. She grab her bag and went towards the door. "I'm off to work now. And if Carmen and Miguel did anything, let me know after I work." Both of them wave goodbye and Valaria was about to open the door when she stopped her tracks. She turned around Camlio and smiled. "Oh by the way, you'll not be alone doing the babysitting job!"

Camilo tilted his head in confusion. Befote Valaria could say anything, a small pair of hands was wrapped around the boy's legs. He looked down and saw Miguel. Soon after, another pair of hands joined Miguel, and it's his twin sister, Carmen.

"Camilo! Camilo! Camilo!", they jumped in excitement and Camilo chuckled at the sight of the 10 year old children. "We're going to have so much fun!", soon they shouted and ran around the house.

"Dios mio, my children. Anyways, I really have to go now. Adios, Camilo! Te quiero, Carmen y Miguel!", the woman bid them a goodbye before stepping outside. Once their mother is out of sight, both the children flashed their mischievous grins.

Behind their grins was their planned pranks for him.

The boy knew them when he's telling stories about his familia in the town, along with other children. While he was telling about Bruno, Carmen screamed and pointed at his shoulder. When he turned, a rat was there and he screeched so loud and shapeshifted into different people. Camilo heard a series of snickers and noticed both Carmen and Miguel, running from the scene. From that day forward, they're known for pranking people.

Today he wanted to do something  fun: letting them taste their own medicine, although their pranks on him was...... meh.

From the corner of his eyes, he noticed Miguel running to the kitchen, leaving Carmen behind.  "Camilo, are you hungry?", the little girl asked.

The show started now.

Whatever their plan is, Camilo decided to play with then. "Si, Carmen. Reeaally hungry.", he put his stomach and plastered an 'im so hungry i could eat a horse' face. "Why don't you sit down first? You must be tired standing!" He glanced at the couch that was beside him and there was a pile of pillows on the left.

Nice try, Carmen. There's something in there. But she'll be suspicious if I didn't do it.

"Why thank you, chiquita. These feet are killing me." Camilo sat one of the sofas. "In fact I'm so sleepy too!", he stretched and leaned back. Something popped from the pillows, which made the boy jumped a little, but kept his expression. He noticed Carmen's shocked face and laufhrd internally.

"O-okay. I'll grab the f-food from the kitchen. I'll be right back!" Carmen 'chirped' and rushed to the kitchen.  Once she's gone, he snorted and held his laughed.

I can't believe I'm doing this! This is so fun!

He continued laughing, not noticing a figure was beside him."Did those little devils pranked you or what?", a very, very familiar voice spoke. He looked beside him.

Francesca was standing with her arms crossed. Camilo noticed the changes of appearance of the girl. Her wavy hair was twin braided and the usual dark blue skirt was replaced with much lighter blue, with designs of little flowers, leaves, and vines.

"Why are you staring at me?", her voice snapped out of Camilo. He averted from her gaze and pouted. "N-no I'm not." "A-and why are you here?", he quickly changed topic.

"Tia Valaria didn't mentioned me, huh? I was the one who'll assist you in babysitting. I guess she mentioned Pablo being the usual babysitter and his condition today, right?", Camilo nodded.

Francesca sighed and sat beside him a few meters away. "Did they do something to you?" "So you're saying you care for me, huh, Francesca?", he asked while flashing his smile. She didn't looked happy, and he completely dropped his act.

"Okay fine, yes. They put balloon in here and popped when I sat." He then leaned not too close and whispered, "But that doesn't mean I didn't know that." The gal pushed his face with her finger and sighed. "What do you mean? Oh, and your breath stinks."

"What the? That's not the— Ughh. What I mean is, we all know they're known for pranking people right? So I'm aware of what they'll be doing today." he answered, still whispering. "I have a fun idea of letting them taste their own medicine, but I don't have a concrete plan."

Francesca's eyes widen and snapped her fingers. "I have! Want to be my partner in crime?"

_____________
Yayayayay!!! I've finally revealed Francesca's clothes lol

My urge to write today is very high that I have to stare at my phone for a few hours straight🤪

Anyway, I hope yall like the new chap :)))