XIII

Night came by, but the people hadn't
stopped gardening due to how big the area was. Isabela just called it a day and told them to continue to work for tomorrow. The townfolks who participated bid goodbye to each other and wished to go back to their home safely.

Francesca chatted with Gracie as they walked. Both realized they're fun to talk to, especially since they have the same interests. This is where, in fact, make Francesca became talkative to someone who have the same love of gardening, minus the fact that the things they planted were different.

Both girls were so engrossed in their conversations when Gracie almost passed the pathway to her home. She giggled and said goodbye to Francesca, leaving her alone in the roads with couple of people passing by. As she continued walking, a cold windy breeze touched her skin, especially at her nape. She wondered why, and touched the back of her hair, only to realized her hair was being tied.

Oh.

OH.

Her mind recalled what happened earlier: Camilo stopping her, Camilo tucking her hair strands behind her ears, and her blushing at his actions. Francesca felt hot and shook her head, wanting the memories to be gone (which it doesn't).

"Francesca!", the girl turned around and saw Camilo, who was running towards her direction with his usual big grin on his face. He slowed down as he get nearer to her and greeted her a good evening, which she greeted him back. "What are you doing here? I thought you're already in La Casa." "Actually, I was about to until I saw you walking alone in the streets. So, I'm accompanying you!"

"Wha— No I'm completely fine going home alone."

"Nuh-huh! What if someone will hurt you?", Camilo shapeshifted into his older prima, Luisa, and strike a few fighting poses. Francesca just rolled her eyes and told him she'll be fine, but 'Luisa', still doing 'fighting poses', was too focused on letting out a few whoos and whaas. She sighed in annoyance and continued walking, leaving the shapshifter in the middle of the road. "I'll be—hey wait up!", Camilo transformed into his original self and jogged towards the girl. "What did you say earlier?"

"I said, I'll be fine! Your family might be worry about your whereabouts." Francesca noticed his presence and creased her eyebrows. "They'll know I'm here with you, especially my hermana!" Both of them stopped walking and Francesca crossed her arms. Camilo noticed her stare and scratched his nape.

"For the millionth time, I'll be fine! My house is just—"

"No, I insist, honestly! I'm just.... concerned and worried about you." The last sentence was a whisper that Francesca get nearer to him. "What was that?"

Camilo felt his cheeks hot and shyly looked anywhere but the girl in front of him. "N-nothing."

"No, do tell me."

Still averting his gaze, Camilo was in his thoughts on what to tell her so she can agree on accompanying her. Something that may trigger her to say yes.

"Camilo?"

A light bulb appeared on his mind. Ignoring the hotness on his cheeks, he looked at Francesca eye to eye, with a smirk on his face. "I said, if you don't want me to accompany you this night, from now on I'll call you...." Camilo hesitantly leaned forward to Francesca, but kept a distance between them.

"..... Partner."

"¡No otra vez! Dios mio, Camilo!", Francesca gave herr all of her strength in flicking his foreheard and he winced in pain, but laughed shortly."Aww, seriously partner? That hurts so bad—" "Fine! I'll let you accompany me, but please don't call me that again!"Francesca groaned and turned her heels to continue walking. Camilo, still in pain, silently cheered and followed her.