VIII(PT. 2)

Francesca doesn't like kids (except for Antonio), hell even babysitting them, especially Carmen and Miguel. Yesterday, Valaria went to their home to know Pablo about babysitting her twins, but he was sick. So, her aunt made a bargain with her with Hydrangea flower seeds that made her say 'yes' to the babysitting job.

"Oh, and by the way, you're not going to be alone in babysitting."

"Huh? Wha-why-huh? There's no point of me going there-"

"Oops! You already said yes, there's no turning back, my dear!"

That damn woman.

But not only the flower seeds make her say yes.

But the 'plan' that her aunt told her about.
__________

"What's the plan, partner?", the 15-year-old boy asked and flashed a smirk. Francesca rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Please, don't call me that."

"But, you ask me if I want to be your partner in crime so of course I—"

"Francesca? What are you doing here?", Camilo's sentence was interrupted by Miguel, who was standing between the borders of the living room and the kitchen room. The gal plastered a fake smile. "I come to babysit you together with Camilo! Well actually, your mama asked me to babysit the two of you and how would I say no to that?", she exclaimed with a 'happy' tone.

Miguel stared at her before giving the gal his biggest grin. "Okay!" He turned his gaze to Camilo. "My Hermana suggested that you'll eat in the kitchen, Camilo! Mama had already prepared snacks for us!" He said before skipping to the kitchen.

Silence fell between the two. Camilo gently nudged Francesca's side, which made the gal turn her side with a questioned look." Soooo, the plan?", he whispered with a sheepish grin.

"Listen carefully because I'll make this quick. The plan is....."
_____________

After telling the plan, the two teenagers went to the kitchen. The aroma of arepas and empanadas filled in their noses and they sighed dreamily." Francesca! Camilo! You can sit here!", Carmen shouted and motioned them to sit on the two chairs. Her tia Valaria's voice suddenly boomed in her mind.

"If Carmen asked you to sit on the chairs, don't. I heard that she will put real bird poop on the chairs this time. Remember what she did last year to you, right? Though that one is fake, still."

"A-actually, I'm good at standing while eating! I-it's my thing now!", Francesca exclaimed and grab the arepa from the plate. "Me too!", Camilo smiled before giving the arepa a big bite.

"Take the food from the table. I will leave the snacks on purpose and I'm pretty sure they'll put something there. Persuade them to eat the snacks. Pretend to be enjoying the food and ignore whatever the things they put it in."

"Carmen? Miguel? How about you two? You should eat the arepas!" Francesca swallowed a small chunk of arepas and she felt burning hot in her throat. Hot sauce? "It would be a shame if the two of you don't eat it! You'll miss the deliciousness of this food!", Camilo showcased his now half-bitten arepa to them.

The twins stared at each other with a surprising, but worried look on their faces. "Come on, you two. You didn't put something on this arepa right?" this question somehow triggered them, and the twins get the arepas and took a bite. As they chew, their eyes started to water down, indicating that they felt the hot sauce they put on the food.

Both Carmen and Miguel, now in tears, quickly stood up and went to the sink. They spitted it and quickly drank water. Meanwhile, the teenagers felt a little bad, especially Camilo, as they both witnessed this, but at least they'll be learning their lessons.

"I wonder why are the arepas spicy? But it's delicious!", Francesca swallowed the last chunk of arepa before smiling. Thank God, I can handle spicy foods. "Are you two okay?", the twins gave them a thumbs up as a response.

Francesca noticed something red was oozing out from the empanadas. "Hmm, how about empanadas? Are you guys still hungry—"

"NO! WE HATE SPICY FOODS!"

The teenagers were taken aback as the twins shouted. "We know mama doesn't usually make spicy empanadas, but just like in arepas, we put hot sauce in it.", Miguel confessed and looked at his feet, same with his twin sister. "We genuinely didn't know our plan was that obvious," Carmen said. "We've had enough when our plan blew, so please please please don't let us eat spicy foods again!"

Francesca and Camilo looked at each other, surprised. They did not expect the twins to surrender easily.

She slowly crouched down and put her hands on each of their shoulders."You gave up now?" They both nodded. "You learned your lesson now?", they nodded again and wrapped their arms around her. "Lo Siento!" Soon, they erupted into tears and tighten their hug. She was surprised by their actions and hesitated on patting their heads.

After their little crying session, Valaria came home from work earlier and was also surprised by her children apologizing to her. She lectured the two of them and gave them a condition: no more parking on people. Across them stood Camilo, who nudged Francesca's side and raised his palm, signaling the girl for a high five, but she just rolled her eyes.

________

"Well, that's unexpected." Camilo started a conversation after they left and was now on the busy street of Encanto, going to their home. Francesca hummed a reply. "True, they surrendered that easily just because they don't want to eat any more spicy foods?" She chuckled. "Glad tia forgave them."

Speaking of the devil.....

Francesca fiddled her fingers and looked anywhere but the boy beside her. Would she blurt out, asking if she was forgiven? No, that's not really me, she thought. How would she—

"Oh, that reminds me." Camilo stopped walking, as did she. "Remember the question if you're forgiven?" This made her eyes wide. Slowly, she nodded. The boy then gave her one of his usual grins. "The answer is pretty obvious!", he winked at her and waved goodbye before heading to his home. Feeling that she didn't leave her spot, he looked back and she was just standing there, in confusion.

"See you later partner!", the confused face turned into a frown. He laughed and jog off to the La Casa Madrigal.

" I told you don't call me that! Urgh!"

________________
Hello everyone!!! Omg thank you so much for 100 reads ily all! 😭💖💖💖 And so sorry for the late update (my 1st update in the month of April omg) i've gotten busy :(((

Oohh and btw, Im working about the characters' dresses and hairstyles and stuff so ya'll don't have a hard time imagining them! ^^

Here are some of the few facts from Valaria and her children!

Valaria Gomez
- A 50 year old mother of Carmen and Miguel. One of the older siblings of Karlos and the aunt of Francesca. She worked at a hair salon in Encanto.

Carmen Gomez
- The older twin. She's 10 years old and usually the one who planned their pranks. Really hates spicy foods.

Miguel Gomez
- The younger twin and he's 10 years old. There are times he planned their pranks. Just like his sister, he really hates spicy foods.