Ch 5

The next day I wake up still a little sore but not as stiff. Getting up I quickly pull on some shorts and a t shirt with some sneakers then head into the kitchen. I greet the others cheerfully and Jay gives me a serious look. "Be prepared to work today. You still have to learn more moves to our song." I give a little nod and go to grab me some food that's set down by Ben. After we eat we immediately head to the practice rooms and again I'm pushed way past the point of my durability especially since I'm still sore. Stumbling on some of the moves Jay gives me a frustrated look before demanding "again." I immediately try again and again giving it about six tries before I beg. "Can I please take a break?" He gives me an annoyed look. "Your not going anywhere until you can do this without stumbling. And if you still can't get it then your staying here all night without dinner." I frown at the harshness but sigh and get ready to try it again. I make it halfway through the routine before I trip over my own feet exhausted. I see Jay's angry annoyed look and cringe at his harsh tone. "I want you to stay here and work on this routine and I expect to see you here working in the morning." I go to protest but cower at his angry gaze lowering my head. "Okay." He nods and leaves with the rest of the members they giving me apologetic looks. Sighing I wait for the door to close before working on the routine again and again determined to get it. After practicing for awhile I check my phone my eyes widening when I see that it's almost midnight. Quickly rushing out of the room and the building I head to the fountain in the park smiling when I see Taemin waiting there in a cap and mask. Approaching behind him quietly I poke his side making him jump and turn to look at me wide eyed. I giggle and he gives me a look. "You scared me." I smile giving a little apology. "Sorry I couldn't resist." He nods and looks around before taking his mask off. He then looks me over with a frown. "No offense but you look exhausted." I shuffle my feet and rub the back of my neck. "I've been practicing all day. I'm actually supposed to be practicing all night without food as a punishment for stumbling through the routine." He gives me a look of disbelief. "Lex that's terrible and abusive. Come on let's go get some food and let you rest." I give him a slight appreciative smile and we start heading to a diner. Once we enter we see it's empty and both take a seat in the very back. An older woman comes to take our order and everything we telling her what we want. Once she leaves I lean against the cushioned booth with a relieved sigh. "I'm so tired but I'm expected to still be in the practice room by morning." He frowns at me. "That's not right you should really report him." I immediately shake my head. "No way. Everyone else seems to like him it's probably just me being soft and whiney." He raises an eyebrow at me. "Your not being soft or whiney this is serious." I shrug and stay quiet as the food and drinks arrive. I immediately eat happily and once I'm done I rub my eyes. Once Taemin finished eating he looks at me concerned. "At least let me help you learn the routine. That way you can get out of trouble." I frown and go to protest. "You don't have to...." He holds a hand up. "I want to. If he's gonna treat you like crap because your struggling with a dance then I'm gonna make sure your the best dancer." I give a little appreciative smile and we get up after paying for our food Taemin immediately paying for both of us despite my protests. We then head back to Sm entertainment and to my practice room. I show him a video of the dance and he nods getting it down immediately. We then practice most of the night until it's almost dawn. I reluctantly wish him goodbye and thank him for helping me. He gives me a bright smile and ruffles my hair and tells me to text him later before leaving. I smile happily a funny feeling in my stomach. Shaking my head I sit in the floor waiting for Jay and the others to show up.