Chapter Six

Deku's POV

I wake up. The sun is shining through the window. It must be morning. I wince, when I feel the stinging pain of my knife wounds. I'm in a hospital. I guess I lived.

And Kacchan saved me. I can't help but smile. I'm so blessed to have a friend like him.

"You're awake," says Shoto, sitting in a chair next to me.

"Yeah. Thanks for visiting me. How long have you been here?" I ask. He's smiling but I can see dark circles under his eyes and his hair is all messy, like he didn't have time to comb it.

"Not too long. Don't worry about me though, you're in much worse condition," he replies chuckling, and ruffling my hair. He hold my hand, and we just look into each other's eyes saying so much without saying anything. I can see how concerned he is, how scared he was, and how relieved he is to see I'm okay. The weight of everything that happened finally collapses on me. I almost died. I thought I was going to die, had already resigned myself to it.

"You know I love you right?" I say. Tears form in Shoto's eyes.

He bring my hand he's holding up to his lips and kisses it, "I love you too."

A tear runs down his face, "Just please never do that again Izuku. I don't know what I'd do if... just please never die on me me. Promise me you'd never die on me," he says.

I give him a reassuring smile, "it's okay. I'm sorry you had to worry, but I'm okay now," I reply. He gets up and wraps me in a hug. I yelp.

He pulls back shocked, "what's wrong?"

I laugh nervously, "just pressed on some of my stitches. I'm alright," I tell him.

"Sorry," he responds, and sits back in his chair.

"No worries. So how long will I be here? I don't want to miss too much training," I say.

"The doctors said two more days," he replies.

"Ugh," I groan, "I'll have to train extra hard when I get back to make up for it. I can't believe I have to miss so much class. And All Might is teaching tomorrow!"

"It'll be okay. I'll spar with you extra to help you catch up," he responds.

"Really? You'd do that?" I ask.

"Of course," he says.

"Thanks! You're the best boyfriend ever!" I exclaim. He clutches his chest. "Are you okay Sho-kun?"

"I'm sorry. I think I'm going to die. My heart started beating really fast. Is it possible to get a heart attack from too much cuteness?" he asks in complete seriousness.

I laugh, "you'll be okay Sho-kun. I think it means you have a crush on me," I tease.

"That explains it. I get that a lot around you," he hides his face, "hah, this is embarrassing."

I chuckle, "I'm pretty sure it's supposed to happen. You're my boyfriend after all. And anyway... if it makes you feel any better I have a crush on you too," I tell him. He drops his hands, revealing a face as red as Kirishima's hair. He gets up and leans over me.