Chapter Eight

Izuku's POV

After failing to go to sleep for about two hours, and giving up to just mindlessly scroll through Instantgram, I decide to leave my room and see if anyone else is up. I go to to the communal area and see Shoto is already awake and talking to Iida in front of some couches in the living room area. Kacchan is cooking something in the kitchen, but other than them it's empty.

"Hi Shoto! Hi Iida! You guys are up early today!" I say.

"I decided to go for an early run before training. I heard it's going to be difficult today," replies Iida.

"That's amazing Iida! It's awesome you're training your quirk outside of class!" I respond.

Just then Kirishima comes in from the elevator. I wonder why he's up so early. Usually he sleeps in till fifteen minutes before class starts, quickly downs a protein drink, then runs to class.

"Hi Deku!" calls out Kirishima walking up to me with a large package in his arms. "I went down to check the mail to see if my new weight set arrived since they said it was supposed to arrive early this morning. They weren't there though. But anyway I found out you had a package delivered and I thought I'd bring it up to you!"

"Thanks so much Kirishima!" I take the package out of his arms, and gag.

"Yeah it smells really bad. I don't know... like meat that went bad?" he says.

"It's weird though, I don't even think I was expecting a package. I didn't order anything and nobody told me they were sending me anything. If it's food, my mom lives nearby and so it wouldn't expire. I don't have friends outside school that would've sent me anything either..." I ramble.

"It doesn't seem to have any of the sender's information on it either. Just says to Izuku," says Shoto.

I decide to open it, ripping the flaps of the cardboard box open. That's when the smell hits me harder.

The smell of blood.

I let out a gasp and stumble backwards as I see the contents of what's in the box.

The inside of the box is lined with a clear plastic and on top of that are a pile of bloody hearts. They've already started to decay, letting out a stomach turning rotting smell.

Shoto rests a hand over my shoulder, and everyone rushes toward me.

"What the hell is that?" seethes Kacchan who's abandoned whatever he was cooking to come over to the living room.

"Wait Midoriya, there seems to be a note on it," Iida says, and grimaces as he extracts the note from the bloody pile of hearts. It's lamented in plastic so the blood isn't making it unreadable, and Iida brushes the blood out of the way.

"What does it say?" asks Shoto, who's hugging me from behind now. I look up and see an intense, cold look on his face. I shudder, I've never seen anything like it, not even when he's glaring at his father.

"It says... um... I hope you liked my gift. Ever since the sports festival, I knew we were destined for each other. Since I can't show you I've given you my own heart, how about you accept these instead?" Iida reads out loud.

I feel like I'm going to vomit.

"This is completely unacceptable. Midoriya, I have to ask is someone stalking you? As the class rep, it is my duty to report this," says Iida.

"I don't know. I have been getting this strange feeling as though someone has been watching me lately. But I thought maybe I was being paranoid..." I say.

"Was it you icy hot?!?" growls out Kacchan.

"How could you even say? I would never do something like this to Izu!" he says.