CHAPTER 7

AUTHOR'S POV

Y/N became numb. Her mind stopped. Her world stopped. She shook her head a few times making it obvious for the man she waited for years to be really standing in front of her. Y/N didn't think twice and jumped upon him. She hugged him really tight if there's no tomorrow. She wrapped her legs around his waist and shed tears on his shoulder unaware of the breakdown she was going to get.

The tall figure pushed the petite figure making her fall on the floor. She looked up at him with watery eyes meanwhile he looked at her with cold eyes. He didn't even flinch. No movement. He was normal. No particular emotion. Cold. Egoistic. Heartless. That's what he is now.

Somehow , Y/N managed to get up and walked towards him in a slow pace. She stood infront of him and made an eye contact with the tall figure.

Y/N : B-Beomgyu , I'm y-your Y/N.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at her with an expressionless face.

Y/N : Choi Beomgyu-

Beomgyu : You're fired.

What the fuck.

Y/N : Beomgyu-

Beomgyu : Get out of here else I have to call the guards in.

Y/N : B-Beomgyu , don't you remember me ? I'm y-your Y/N. Your f-first love. You l-left me that day without saying anything. I m-missed you every single day. I cried. I wrote texts to y-you. Beomgyu , don't you remember me ?

Beomgyu : I don't remember any Y/N.

He said and signed some papers and placed them in front of Y/N.

Beomgyu : I don't tolerate any kind of misbehaviour in my office. The straight answer to such behaviour is getting fired. Take this and with respect , leave.

Y/N wasn't in a condition to pick a fight with him. Seeing him after years was itself a big shock to her but yeah , she was taken aback by his change in behaviour. She picked the envelope and walked out of the office. She ran straight to the restroom and locked herself in. She let out all her mixed emotions and cried until her throat dried.

Y/N POV

I must be just hallucinating. This ain't right. This ain't true. That wasn't my beomgyu. My beomgyu will clearly not do this. He'll rather p-pick me up in his arms. He'll r-rather hold me tight. He'll rather let me keep my head on his chest.

But then again.

I cried and cried and cried. I took out of my phone and cleared my throat a few times before dialling Heeseung's number.

// On Call //

Heeseung : Hey , where are you-

Y/N : I'm in the r-restroom.

Heeseung : Did your voice just crack ?

Y/N : Maybe.

Heeseung : Something happened ?

Y/N : I-I am f-fired.

Heeseung : I don't have time for jokes Y/N.

Y/N : I'm not joking Hee.

Heeseung : No like I knew he is arrogant but I didn't know- nevermind- come out , I'll take you out.

Y/N : It's okay.

Heeseung : Come on.

Y/N : Give me time.

// Call Ended //

I am not sad that I got fired.

He didn't remember me. He forgot me. This easily. Where I cried every single day for him , he didn't even remember me. Where I missed him every single day , he didn't even bother to remember me.

Seeing him after such long years is itself a blessing for me.

I found you Gyu but unlucky me , you forgot me. Life is really playing with me , isn't it ? I'm gonna die in a few so why should I be sad anyway ? Isn't it good that he'll not be sad when I'll be gone ?

I touched the lock on my neck and remembered what he said that day back in high school.

" the lock is for you and key is for me.. remember if I'm not here by any chance , our lockets will bring us together no matter what happens. I'll put my key in this lock and it will be the indication that w.e a.r.e b.a.c.k t.o.g.e.t.h.e.r a.g.a.i.n "

The lockets are useless , ain't they ?

I sighed and got up fixing my dress and now messy hair. I walked out of the restroom and made my way to the lift. As I opened the lift , I saw Mr Park for the second time.

He smiled at me and gave me space to enter. I cleared my throat before speaking.

Y/N : I'm glad I met you Mr. Park. Even if it was for few hours , it was nice meeting you.

Sunghoon : What do you mean ?

Y/N : I'm fired.

Sunghoon : What ? Are you being serious ? Did Choi Beomgyu-

Y/N : Yes. And I'm not against it. I misbehaved. I deserve it. You're a good mentor and a good person.

Sunghoon : You don't need to leave. I'll just talk to him.

Y/N : You don't need to. I'll get going now.

The door of the lift opened and I stepped out. I walked ahead without even looking back once. I spotted Heeseung at the parking lot waiting for me. I walked towards him and smiled painfully.

Heeseung : Are you okay ?

Y/N : It happens.

Heeseung : You're way too strong.

Shouldn't I be strong enough after all this ? Dieing in months and yeah , my first love doesn't even remember me and just fired me. How funny.

It's okay Gyu. I got mad blood. I just needed to find you. I found you. I saw you. Maybe I can die peacefully. But I do wanna feel your love once before finally leaving this world.

Do you know why ?

I still love you , Choi Beomgyu.

AUTHOR'S POV

Meanwhile Y/N was leaving , there was someone watching her every move. He sighed and smiled painfully.

" I'm sorry , I still love you , Y/N. "

.

A/N : This might have an unexpected ending ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ .