Chapter 1

Amaira

I open my eyes, hoping that everything that happened a few moments ago was a dream. Neither do I know where I am, nor do I know why I am there. But as soon as I step onto the grass , as soon as I feel the cool air brush my hair, I feel something click inside me, like a missing gear falling into place, a missing piece of my puzzle which had just been found.

But how did I actually get here? What changed? Well, I turned fourteen.

It was 7 o'clock a.m. when I blew the candles on my birthday cake. No sooner had I done that than they climbed down the stairs. From upstairs. How did they get there? One man and two women. Dressed in human clothes but wearing a cape. Uninvited guests. My parents were....shocked. There was a lot of yelling from mom's side. Oh, a slap was included in the mom frenzy. At the end, I missed the bus, there were too many serious adults, and the strange man was holding his cheek which had a red imprint of a hand. Poor guy. Meanwhile, I was trying to digest the fact that I was inhuman and that I had to return to this 'Elmoraan'. I had to return there when I was 18 but things were pretty messy there and they needed my help. My help. And so there I was, ready to be whisked away, four years prior to when I was actually supposed to leave. My mom had a river of tears running down her face. My dad was trying to keep himself together for my sake. And I, I didn't know what to feel. Especially when I realised that there was a room upstairs that did not exist minutes ago. And in that room was a portal that connected this dimension to Elmoraan. I walked through it, not knowing when I will see this old and familiar house again.

Well, a lot more happened in between (A lot) but that was the crux of it.

I look around to see trees with glowing auras. I squint to see that they are...

"Are those rubies?! Like, real ones? And how are they hanging on to the trees? What is this place?"

"One question at a time please? Let us introduce ourselves, before we introduce you to our home. My name is Clifton, and I am the minister of Callix, the dimension of land or nature." says the man. His smile reaches his forest green eyes which glint against his peach complexion. Vines wrapped around his neck seem to have worked their way into his waves of chocolate brown hair and have bloomed delicate, wildflowers. His black, lustrous cape is overflowing with golden embroidery under which he wears a green turtleneck t-shirt with black jeans. He must be in his late 20's, too young to be a minister though. And he still had the handprint on his cheek, it was dark red now. I feel bad for the guy. Maybe.

"My name's Nevira and I am the minister of Aurux, the dimension of air." says another. She is tall with slick black hair pulled back in a ponytail. She too looks young, 21 maybe. Her features are slender and elegant, yet strong and graceful. Anyone who passes by can easily understand why she is chosen as a minister- She simply defines confidence. Her gem encrusted earrings bring out her electric blue eyes making them look gorgeous and daunting at the same time. She wears a similar black robe over a ruffle hand t-shirt and black jeans.

"And I am Coral, the minister of Aquatrex, the dimension of water." The woman with coffee brown skin introduces herself after the other two. Curls of blue hair flow down her shoulders in gentle waves. Her sea-green eyes shine like pearls, highlighted by her off-white short frock. Her ears are studded with glittering diamonds and gems that go well with her simple yet elegant band of gold running around her neck. "This is called the 'Garden of Emperium' and it connects all four dimensions. Nature, Water, Air and Fire."

"Don't they have a minister for Fire?" I ask.

Rix flushes. A glance at the ministers tells me that they are genuinely sympathising with him. Why? I don't know.