Chapter 8

Rix

"What did you find?" I ask, bending to catch my breath. I shouldn't have run, I was exhausted from my training already.

She pulls me inside and peeps outside making sure no one saw, "So, I woke my powers up, I contacted my mom all the way to Earth which I should not be able to do, but I did. And my mom gave this weird clue about finding some answers in irono roman, which is a word with jumbled letters that actually meant Orion Manor." She gulps air as if it's her first time. I don't blame her, she just said all of that in one breath.

"So it was an anagram."

"I don't know what that means."

"A word with jumbled letters."

"Oh."

"Yeah, Orion manor was where I lived before all this mess. So, what kind of answers?"

"I believe it's about Cyrex."

"Cyrex? I heard my da- Victor say that word before. He had books about it, he hid them from mum, I knew where they were though. Do you think this is related somehow?"

"Could be a coincidence. But, it's not, is it?"

I shook my head.

"We are going tomorrow."

"Where are the keys?" She is so cute when she asks questions like that.

"Keys?" I chuckle. She is in for a big surprise tomorrow.

𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁𖠁

I wake up from the loud pounding on my door. I know who it is just by the pattern of the knocks.

"What is it Aariq? It's 5 in the morning."

"One.I needed to talk to you. Two. Why can't it be 5:30? What makes you think it's 5?"

"One. There's a clock on the wall. Two. Your watch is 30 min 23 seconds early. It reaches 5:30 before it should. What is it that you have to tell me at 5 o'clock in the morning?"

"Hey! I thought it was 5:30,Okay!!" He clears his throat and glances at me hesitantly, "we may have a new friend joining our plans. Before you yell, she is trustworthy and she wants revenge as well."

"You idiot-nut-brain-worthless-orangutan, this is not a bookclub."

"I know I know, but she doesn't know our plans yet."

"Okay, ditch the plan, I have a better one. We're going to Orion manor today. There's stuff there that my dad's attached to. We'll get one of them and perform a tracking spell. Then we will use me as bait to lure him and we trap him. Authorities would give him a painless death, but we will give him a painful one."

"Is Victor so dumb? I don't think so."

"He is anything but dumb. I should make him trust me, make him believe that I'm on his side."

"Maybe. It's better than the previous plan."

"There's one hitch though, to perform the tracking spell, we need all the element powers. I have wind and fire, you have water, but we need a Vyntrevor. Amaira is out of this, there's no way we'll be able to convince her to join us, she believes we rested our plans."

"I can take care of that. I know just the right Vyntrevor who will be willing to do the job." He smirks.

"Who?"

"Tria."

"Tria."

"Yes, Tria."

"Amaira's best friend. That Tria?"