Lᴏᴠᴇ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ 8

Dear O̶p̶p̶a̶ Tae

January 7th, 2022

I don't know, it feels weird to call you that after so many years of you just being Tae. I hope you're doing well. I thought it would be weird to keep on texting you all the time, so I'll just keep sending you letters. Since the last time you saw me, I've grown four inches and lost two kilograms. That makes my BMI a 19.8, the doctor says that's good since I have thin bones. Remember during those preteen years I would fuss about how fat I thought I was. How you always told me I wasn't? I appreciate you doing that now more than ever. I really truly love myself. And I love you. I'm probably going to sound like an annoying impatient brat, but I really want to see you soon. I miss you so much. I know this letter is really short, but I guess it's just short and sweet. Hope to see you soon.

Yours,
Han Minyoung

˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

Author's POV

He quickly strides to his little personal PO box with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face, anticipating another letter. He's ready to text her or call her, ready to tell her the great news. That he can come to visit her for two days. He's excited, ecstatic. Opening the little box with his personal key, he peeks in and sees a letter.

Rushing back to the dorm, he rips the envelope open with enthusiasm. As he finishes the letter, he places it down satisfied. But not satisfied in terms of hunger!

"Jungkook, are you hungry?" Taehyung asks as he walks into Kook's room.

"Yea, wanna go get some food?" he replies.

"YES! But we can't tell Joon or Jin."

"Hehe, we can be sneaky and get some good food for once."

As they were walking out the door, Namjoon sees them and says, "Where are you two going?"

They glance at each other sheepishly and look back at him with a pleasing smile, "We were just going out for some exercise, so we can be ready for rehearsals tomorrow."

Namjoon smiles at them and says, "Wow, look at you two taking the initiative to work out, have fun."

Jungkook and Taehyung glance at each other with relieved smiles as Kook starts the car.

˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

Minyoung's POV

I was staring at the ceiling while laying on my bed, waiting for Tae to call or text me. The reason why I wasn't first was because I didn't want to seem too desperate. Of course, I am desperate to get my friend back. I made noises to myself and kicked my legs in the air. I made faces to the ceiling and cursed at it just for fun. I picked my pillow up with my socked feet and tried to fling it across the room, I failed miserably but was passing time. 

I wondered what he was doing right now. Instead of doting on my thoughts, I got up to watch some TV, I turned on Netflix and started watching the C-Drama, Age of Rebellion. I haven't watched much of it but it was really good.

Before I knew it, I was asleep and woke up to my phone ringing. I debated getting up or not, but decided that the call might be important.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the receiver.

"Minyoung, did I wake you," Tae's voice asked over the line.

"No," I lied.

"You're lying, I can tell. I still know you, Minyoungie. You're still my best friend."

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it. I placed it back up to my ear.

"I miss you so much, Tae." I blubber, "I really want to see you."

"I actually have news on that. I asked my PD and he said I could come to visit you for two days. This weekend, or you could come up and meet all the boys, actually that might not work, we don't have any spare rooms, I'll come to visit you, I need your address, and I'll pack my overnight bag. This is so exciting."

I do not even register the words he is telling me, he is speaking too fast. My head is going fuzzy and my eyesight feels blurry.

"Tae? You're coming?"

˚ ༘ ⋆。˚