Lᴏᴠᴇ Lᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ 9

˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

"Yes, Minyoung. I said I can come. I'm coming home. To see you again."

"Ok, I'll text you my address."

"I'll see you soon, Minyoung."

The words repeat in my head as I walk through my apartment, getting ready for bed. It is March 7th. I will see Tae on March 12th. I will Kim Taehyung in five days. I will see my best friend in five days. I will see my first love in five days. 

I am walking on cloud nine. I am zipping by. I am happy. I am alive. I am happy that I am alive.

I brush my teeth with a smile, I hop in the shower with a smile, I step out of the shower with a smile. I stare at myself in the fogged up mirror. I am smiling. I put my pajamas on with a smile. I am laying in bed with a smile.

When I wake up, I sit down at my desk to write another letter.

˚ ༘ ⋆。˚

Dear Tae,

March 8th, 2022

You have no idea how happy I am to hear from you, to know that we can still be friends. To be able to have you back in my life. I am excited to finally see you after so many years apart. I know we won't be able to actually go anywhere, to protect you from the paparazzi and to not start scandalous rumors. I would be fine, just sitting in your presence, each absorbed in our own activity like we used to. That reminds me of when we were at your house. Your mom had brought some fried chicken, enough to feed an army it seemed like. I was going through one of those phases, where I wouldn't eat because I thought I was fat, I don't even remember how, but you convinced me to eat. And I did. I hadn't eaten in four days. I know that you knew that, you always tsk'ed me for not eating, telling me it would be ok to have a little bit of extra around my middle. I always glared at you for saying that. You always smiled that sweet angelic smile and I knew that I couldn't stay mad at you. I do that now again, through that phase, where I only eat when absolutely necessary. Last time I ate... was when Winnie and I went out to the mall. I had a kogo. It wasn't that good. Not as good as the meals we made together. All the burnt rice and too spicy of kimchi. The wake up in the middle of the night and make some scallion pancakes with me. God, why am I talking about food? How have you been, I haven't talked to your parents in a while, how have they been? How are all of your friends that you live with now?

I miss you. I love you. You're my best friend.

Yours,
Han Minyoung