Chapter 3

Mark's POV
Astrid was looking really worried.. And I don't know why. She closed her eyes to probably think of an excuse or something. I knew she was starting to lie to me. Suddenly my vision went blurry. I felt like I couldn't stand right. Then I felt this falling sensation. My mind was whirling with fear. I put my hands over my ears as a high pitched screech ripped through the air. I clenched my teeth and shut my eyes tight. Then all went black. Everything had stopped. I felt like I was awake, but I knew I wasn't. "This is only the beginning. You should have listened to Astrid.. You were just too worried for her weren't you?" Said a low voice. I stayed silent. I had no choice though. I couldn't move, I couldn't talk. "Now you have brought yourself into her problem. No.. SHE brought you into it. She told you herself to not stay around her." I attempted to talk back, and apparently it worked. "She said that it was for a while! Who are you anyways?" I asked. I then felt ground beneath my feet, but it was still pitch black. Suddenly burning red eyes appeared in front of me, making me jump. "My name is Tyra.. I am a well known enemy for the Greenes. Our rivalry started many years ago..."
*Flashback*
???'s POV
I was in the basement as my parents went out for dinner. I had already eaten, so I had stayed home. But.. Something was off about this place.. Not just the basement.. But the whole house. The storm that was booming outside was comforting, but I felt some sort of presence in the house other than mine.. I looked around but found nothing that could create the feeling. That was when a shadow came from out of the wall in front of me. I screamed and ran into the wall behind me. I was breathing rapidly as the figure came closer. "Hello little girl.. How old are you?" I shook my head no. I wasn't going to tell him my age. "How. Old. Are. You." His voice was stern and scary. "S-six.." I stammered. "Good girl. Now, how well do you like your brother?" "I love him very very much. I don't want anything to happen to him." I replied. That was a bad mistake. "Good..." The shadow went upstairs and didn't come back down. Instead, my brother's body fell down the stairs. I gasped, then ran to him. "M-Mark?" (My brother's name is actually Mark.) I whispered. I saw a crimson pool form below him. A very deep gash was on his side. When I looked at my brother's eyes, they were dull and glazed over. I knew he was gone.. "Remember the name Tyra.." The familiar, sinister voice called out. I clenched my fists tight. Then I began to cry my heart out.
*End flashback and back to Mark's POV*
"Why did you do that?! They were innocent! Her brother didn't deserve that!" Tyra stared me in the eyes. "Did you pay attention to the boy's name?" I gulped. Of course I did.. I nodded. "Do you know that you share a connection with him? Mark?" My eyes widened. Tyra circled me. "Do you remember?" Scenes from the event passed through my mind. "Do you remember the words that were said?" A quote spoke in my mind. "Just leave my sister alone. Take my life instead of hers.." Tyra leaned in to whisper to me.. "Do you remember the pain?" A searing pain exploded in my side. I screamed and doubled over, falling to my knees. "1914.." Tyra muttered. "YOU started this.." My breathing was rapid. The pain was harshening every time I took a breath until I just couldn't breathe anymore. Then I couldn't hear anything. Purple spots were appearing in my vision. Then I closed my eyes. One thought went through my mind before I passed out. I was there...