Chapter 6

Mark's POV
As I walked out of Astrid's apartment, I started to feel guilt bubbling up inside of me. She needs me.. And I need her. I don't know why I didn't tell her.. It was the perfect time.. Although I know there is no such thing as perfection. "You are absolutely right. Perfection is nothing but a myth. A scam that your kind made up to make others feel proud of themselves. I understand how it feels. But of course.. You feel.. A darkness inside you. Do you?" Said the familiar voice of Tyra. I looked at my feet. The shadowy figure burst from the floor in front of me. "Do you?!" He shouted. I backed up a bit, the guilt melting into fear. "I.. I don't know.." I stammered. "Listen here.. I want a yes or no question.. Now let's try this again. Do you, or do you not feel a darkness rising inside?.." I felt the sudden urge to create chaos and let everything crumble before me. I shook the thought away, but I knew the answer I had to tell Tyra. "Yes.. I do.. I do feel it.. Bubbling up." I muttered. "But I won't let it distract me from who I am or what I do. Especially when I need to keep watch over Astrid. She needs me." I said. "Astrid can fend for herself. I know that personally. But.. You know.. How will she deal with someone she cares about? How will she go against them?" Tyra muttered, his smile growing wider. I paid no attention to him. Instead, I just walked past him, and into my apartment. "You shall see what I mean shortly, my friend." Tyra called after me before disappearing in a swirl of black, sparkling mist. I sighed. Everything around me began to look darker. I felt my eyes change. My vision got unbelievably sharper, and I could swear I would be able to hear the heartbeat of a mosquito. "This is perfect.." I said. But.. I didn't even think about saying it.. I felt myself falling backwards into a dark abyss. I attempted to scream, but nothing came out. Instead I hit a black, concrete floor. It shone in the dim light. I suddenly heard laughing all around me. It was filled with malice and pursuit. I soon realized that the darkness had taken over.. "Welcome to your mind Mark. I introduce myself as Dorchadas. But! You can just call me Dark."

Astrid's POV
I set the plate of bacon on the coffee table and followed Mark out to his apartment. I unlocked the door with the spare key he had given me just in case of an emergency. I knocked on the door while opening it. "Mark? You okay?" I asked. "Oh sorry.. You're precious Mark isn't here right now.. Instead, I've decided to take charge." Said a voice that sounded like Mark, but I knew it wasn't. I saw Mark's muscular body outlined in the dark room. He was sitting on the couch, but he suddenly arose. As he walked towards me, his eyes glowed a warm red. I gasped. "Dorchadas.." I muttered. "Long time no see, huh Astrid." Dark said. "Look, you may have won my heart once, but as soon as you showed me what you're really like, I left you. FOR GOOD. I will never look to you the same I did before. Now get. Out. Of. Mark's. Head!" I shouted. Dark's sweet smile faded to a grimm one. "Who says you own me?" Dark asked, playfullness in his voice. "I don't own you. I just want you AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS." I said, raising my voice. I heard footsteps coming up the apartment steps. "Let's take this arguement inside, shall we?" I asked. Before Dark could reply, I shoved him into Mark's apartment and shut the door behind me. "Listen here, hot shot and listen good, you will get away from Mark. You will get away from me. You will leave me alone, and I will never see you again! Got it?" I said, my voice dark and violent. Dark smiled. "Ah.. There's that fierceness I've always known. Astrid, have you ever considered what your other side would be like?" I huffed. "No. Now get out of Mark's head!" I shouted. Dark pouted. "Fine. But that doesn't mean won't be back!" He said with a final smile. His eyes returned to normal, and his expression showed complete confusion. "Mark?" I asked, worried that he was going to fall over any second now. "Is this the hospital?" He slurred, as if he was drunk. "If so, then go get me a nurse so I can scream at 'er. SHIUT UP NURSSE!" I smiled. "Yeah. You're fine." For now.. Laughed a voice in my head. Ignore it.. Ignore it.. I told myself. You can try for as long as you like hun, there's no gettin' rid of me.