eight, don't start

DON'T START,you who cannot see, think of those who can

DON'T START,
you who cannot see, think of those who can.

Vinnie, who was next to Maddy, watched carefully as he analysed a very clearly drunk Cassie, wobble into the hot tub. He raised an eyebrow when he saw her 'accidentally' fall onto Nate.

"Happy Birthday." Cassie wishes Maddy as she gets into a more comfortable position in the hot tub.

"Thank you." Maddy lightly smiled, picking her nails.

Vinnie noticed Maddy's sudden discomfort and whispered into her ear. "You okay?" She nods her head in response, putting on a clearly false smile.

She was currently thinking about both Nate and Vinnie. Nate was her first love and when he wasn't a complete asshole he was kinda sweet and cute.

But so was Vinnie.

Expect Vinnie's level of asshole was definitely more purer than the other boys. She'd only known Vinnie for around a month so she definitely couldn't start to date him or anything yet. I mean who was she to break down her walls to someone she barely knows?

That was her mistake, aside from actually dating the asshole, with Nate. Putting down her wall too quick. She was not letting that mistake repeat itself.

"So Maddy which guy is it?" BB spoke up causing everyone's eyes to fall on hers. "Is it prince charming or are you and Nate back together?"

"We're not back together." Maddy shakes her head, glancing over at Vinnie.

"You're not?" Cassie asked, looking shocked, trying to make eye contact with Vincent who was looking anywhere but her, feeling awkward about what happened earlier.

"No." It was now Nate's turn to shake his head.

"I mean, I was gonna say no, but why are you saying no?" His ex quickly fires back, quirking an eyebrow.

"Um, because we're not." Nate slowly replied, confused to what was happening.

"I know, but why do you sound so definitive about it?" Maddy glared at him.

"I wasn't being definitive." He denied.

"It sounded like it."

"No, I mean, she just asked a question..." The brunette male tried to defend himself but failed miserably.

"That you didn't have to answer."

"Oh, okay, yeah." Nate muttered trying to move on from the current subject.

"But you did." Maddy continued to glare at him harshly.

"I don't understand what we're arguing about." He sighed, feeling defeated.

"You and your tone."

"But we're not back together." Nate stated before there was a deafening silence. "Uh, yet."