nine, weak

WEAK,stand still like the hummingbird

WEAK,
stand still like the hummingbird.

July 21st, 1982, the day Satan himself was reincarnated. And I'm not talking about Nate Jacobs. I'm talking about Keres Breaker.

When Keres was a young child, he was left on the doorstep of his grandparents door.

He never knew his parents, his grandfather would say his father was a selfish asshole who never thought about anyone but himself. But Keres saw his father as a role model. He loved the way his father looked out for himself, he thought everyone should look at for themselves to get what they want, he always lived by that motto.

His grandfather was an old jerk who, quite frankly, he couldn't give a fuck about what would happen to him. Sure he gave him a few tips on 'how to be a man' but he was a dickhead who never really listened to him who occasionally would beat him if he stepped out of line.

His grandmother on the other hand, was the most generous person he'd ever known. When he was in grade school the two would go to her flower shop while Keres ranted about his day and whatever came to mind. Most importantly, she always listened. She always made him feel heard.

She was the only thing keeping him sane.

But then she died when he was eleven.

That was when he grandfather started seeing a side of Keres that disturbed him. Keres would be more violent, bullying and hurting kids in his grade; that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was that he feel no remorse or guilt towards his actions.

Later on in his teen years, more and more signs that his grandfather were unable to read began to be highlighted in red.

Anybody who would look at his drawings would see that cold and dark aura.

Now Keres wouldn't be able to tell you what triggered him to do what he did. Maybe it was the undying hatred he had for the man. Maybe it was because he was bored. Either way, he wanted the old fuck out of his life.

So he gave himself bruises one night, just for hours, on random parts of his body and in the morning he walked straight into the police station. "I would like to report sexual assault." He gulped telling the officer. He didn't gulp because he was nervous or anything, he gulped because he knew that was exactly what the cop needed to see.

One thing led to an other and his grandfather was placed in jail. He heard he died in around the year 2000, Keres didn't give a shit though. If he knew where the mother fucker was buried, he'd spit on the grave.

Honestly, he was days from taking his own life.

Then he met Samatha.

That day he met her for the first time in an old diner she worked at, Junior's, he knew she would have significance in his life. Especially when he saw that smile on her face as she prepared to take his order.