4 ~ Oblivious

As the two boys burst into the dining room, laughing loudly, the other members stopped their conversations and looked at them in surprise. Wooyoung blushed at the attention and put his head down, taking a seat next to Felix.

"You two seem to be having a good time!" Chan observed with a smile.

A giggle sounded from Wooyoung's right, and he turned to see Hyunjin with his hand over his mouth, eyes crinkling cutely.

Wooyoung turned back and exchanged looks with Felix briefly. "Yeah... Um, thanks for letting me stay here, Chan hyung!"

"Of course! Any friend of Felix is welcome here."

Chan grinned widely and looked back and forth between the two boys.

"Hyung!" Felix whined, an annoyed look on his face.

Wooyoung put a hand on Felix's leg and squeezed, hoping to bring him some comfort.

Just then, Minho entered the room, a large plate full of steaming meat in his hands. A cheer went up from a few of the members, Felix being one of the loudest.

Wooyoung noticed Jisung patting Minho on the back and gazing at him with heart-eyes. Minho turned to look at Jisung once he'd put the plate down on the table, giving him a radiant smile.

Once Minho had served the meat out onto the plates, the side dishes were passed around. After that, everyone got stuck into eating and there was quiet for a few minutes. Wooyoung was astonished by the glorious taste of the food, and just had to say something.

"This is amazing, hyung! You really are a proper chef!"

Everyone laughed at that, and Minho smiled at him from across the table.

"You know, I watched Mysterious Kitchen," Wooyoung continued, his mouth full, "and I think you're all incredible!" He looked at Jisung and Jeongin before returning his gaze to Minho, who nodded at him soberly.

"Thanks, hyung," Jisung said, beaming with pleasure.

"What about you, hyung?" Jeongin chimed in. "Do you do any cooking at your dorm?"

At that, Wooyoung blushed. "Um ... I've done a few cooking lives with Yeosang... does that count?"

"I think so," remarked Seungmin quietly, and all eyes turned to him. "Felix and I did a lot of those ourselves a while ago, and they definitely count!"

Seungmin and Felix grinned at each other, the Australian nodding in agreement.

Minho raised an eyebrow and asked, "Was the food any good?"

"Welll ... let's just say we're better at making mess than making food...!"

Wooyoung laughed in embarrassment, and everyone else started laughing too. He felt his cheeks burning, and looked down at his lap to escape everyone's eyes. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his leg, and looked sideways to see that Felix wasn't laughing, just gazing at him with a soft smile. Wooyoung smiled back, feeling his troubles wash away.

After that embarrassing incident, Wooyoung didn't talk, he just sat and listened. The members talked amongst themselves, sometimes gossiping, sometimes arguing, but always in a friendly way.

Wooyoung was happy to munch quietly on his scrumptious food and observe the others without getting involved. It was nice to be able to get a glimpse into the Stray Kids world - something that would never have been possible without Felix.

Looking around the table, he noticed Changbin scowling into his food. Man, what's up with him? he wondered. Luckily he was sitting on the other side of the table and further down, so they weren't that close. Wooyoung really didn't want any awkwardness to happen.

He was about to look away when Changbin looked up and gazed at Felix, who was talking. Wooyoung winced at the sudden softness on his friend's face. A few moments later, as if he could feel Wooyoung's eyes on him, Changbin transferred his gaze to the other boy briefly, glowering menacingly before looking back down at his food.

Shocked once again by his friend's behaviour, Wooyoung quickly looked away from him, and found himself looking at Minho and Jisung, who were sitting opposite him.

Their behaviour couldn't have been more different from Changbin's. Minho was feeding Jisung mouthfuls of food, and the younger boy was accepting them with the happiest look Wooyoung had ever seen. The two of them seemed to be in their own little world, oblivious to everything else in the room.

Watching the pair, Wooyoung was reminded of how he and Felix had fed each other at the restaurant a week ago. He smiled at the memory. Then he turned his gaze on the boy at his side, immediately getting lost in his angelic beauty.

Felix was recounting a funny story to the others, and Wooyoung gazed at him in awe, succumbing completely to the radiance of his shining smile and musical laugh. Time could stop right now and he wouldn't mind in the slightest. If the world was caught in this moment forever, there was no place he'd rather be.

After a while, though, he discovered that wasn't true. There was somewhere else he wanted to be - in Felix's bedroom, with Felix. Feeling suddenly needy, Wooyoung moved his hand slowly up the younger's leg. Nothing changed on Felix's face, but he squeezed Wooyoung's leg briefly.

Someone told a joke, and Felix laughed heartily, turning to Wooyoung to see his reaction. But when he saw the older practically undressing him with his eyes, the laughter died on his lips and he stared at Wooyoung with a solemn expression.

"Are you finished, Wooyoung?"

"Yeah," the older replied. Turning to Minho, he said, "Thanks again for the awesome dinner, hyung!"

"We're gonna go back to my room now and hang out," Felix told everyone.

As they were getting up from the table, Wooyoung saw Chan winking at Felix. The freckled boy's cheeks took on a bright pink hue, and he turned away quickly. Wanting to save him from the embarrassment, Wooyoung grabbed his hand as he walked past and pulled him quickly out of the room.

Once they were through the doorway, Chan called out, "Don't stay up too late!"

Felix stopped and poked his head back into the room, saying in a sarcastic voice, "No, Dad!"

Then he rejoined Wooyoung in the hallway, rolling his eyes. "You know, you were right, Woo. Channie hyung and Seonghwa hyung are the same!"

Wooyoung laughed heartily at that, and ruffled Felix's hair affectionately.