Chapter 1

Flashes of camera in Kate's face as she walked through the crowd of reporters and journalists, normally she would freeze up and start talking but she wasn't in the best mood after her mothers trial. So she kept her head down, with the help of some security guards she finally made it to her car.

Kate sat there for a moment trying to process what happened but the fact was she already knew what was going to happen and just denied. Her mother will be gone.
For a very long time. Kate rubbed her forehead sighing, was letting her mom get arrested really the right thing after all? Yes it was Kate. Stop Kate told herself.

Her drivers voice interrupted her thoughts "Where to Ms. Bishop?" He asked pulling her back to reality, as she almost forgot that they were still in front of the court house. Get me the hell out of here "Just....take me home" she said looking out the window. The drive nodded his head and drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After taking lucky out for a walk she didn't go back to her new apartment, instead she went back to her old one. After everything was over and she came back to New York after Christmas Kate had fixed the place up, she occasionally goes there to clear her head, she uses it as basically her gym.

Which is why she was punching her punching bag really hard but also because today was a shit show.
Every time she punched harder it hurt but she didn't stop. She grunted slightly as she hit it hard again and again, and again.

Kate signed as she realized yet again that she wasn't going to knock the bag down like she's been trying to do for the past few months.

After that Kate took a shower and got dressed, wearing black slacks, docs, and a purple button up with some of the top buttons undone. She petted lucky good bye and walked out. Kate was going to get a drink, something strong.

~~~~~~~~

As Kate sat down at the bar and with her third drink of the night she remembered something that made her smile slightly.

"Lets grab a drink huh?"

"Okay. yeah sure, after I kill Barton"

Kate hasn't forgotten a about the blonde russian with her thick(and also hot but not that she would admit that out loud) russian accent. Kate still owes Yelena a drink. She thinks that it's crazy that she wants to see Yelena again but the chance of seeing her again was very slim.

The thought of Yelena made Kate a bit sad because it reminded her that she was alone now, well maybe not entirely with lucky her dog around but you get what she means. No mom. No dad. She decided to walk out the bar before she got herself angry drunk. The cool air made her feel better as she walked back to her old apartment but it wasn't till the hairs on her neck stood up and she knew somebody was following her.

She decided to play it cool and just continue walking but not home, so it's what she did but she started to get tired of it after she walked pass her apartment and decided to go into the park. Come on, come after me already.

As she walked through the park she noticed a guy coming her way, she looked behind and there was another guy. But continuing to walk she neared the guy In front of her. Kate balled her fists in her jacket as he was about to walk by her "Evening" he said walking by making her confused but then he swung a staff at her head, quickly ducking and turning around the two guys stood there with staffs out.

"Who are you?" She demanded getting into a fighting position, "It won't really matter because your about to die in a few minutes" one of the guys said chuckling.
Kate shook her head chuckling "Yea yeah we'll see." She said.

The first guy came after her and she kicked him hard square in the stomach as the other guy tried to hit her with the staff behind again, Kate quickly grabbed it and yanked it out of his hand kicking him in the stomach too causing him to fall to the ground. Kate shock her head looking down at them "Is that the best you could do"

"Certainly not" a voice said, Kate turned around to see two more guys. "Damn it" she said quietly as the other guys started to stand up.

She quickly swept one of the guys In front of her as another tried to punch her front behind, Kate turned and socked him but he just ate the punch. Shit. A rope wrapped around her throat before she could react, pulling hard from behind chocking her. "N-no" Kate wheezed out.

For some reason the thought of Yelena came in to her head.

"If I wanted to kill you-"

"You would have already"

A wave of anger and confidence shot through causing her to act quickly, Kate elbowed the guy chocking her and turned kneeing him in the groin, the guy groaned and fell to the ground. "One down" she breathed looking at the two guys left. The first guy swung as she ducked and did the same as the second guy swung , but this time she crouched to the ground and swept him with her leg making him fall on his ass.

Kate then flung forward hitting the ground, she groaned the guy just kicked her hard from behind. Kate got up kicking him on the side, she's about to punch but he caught her hand causing her to freeze. He twisted it and Kate winced before kicking him again. And then again to the ground she got on top of him starting to punch repeatedly at his face as he started to bleed somebody grabbed her by the hair. She clenched her teeth making a pained grunt.

"Should have done this from the beginning" he said dropping her to the ground, she looked up seeing the barrel of a gun.

Kates eyes widened in fear No, no this can't be it. Kate's thoughts shifted to her mom and the trial that's right she had no mom around anymore. Kate had no one. Kate looked up gun still in her face but the guy seemed to be looking at something ahead of him then Kate heard it the sound of somebody here with them.

"Who's ther-"

Kate knocked the gun out of his hand now that he was distracted. The guy turned "Bitch!" He went for the gun but Kate quickly grabbed it and pointed it at him not even knowing what she was doing. "Who are you guys...why are you doing this...?" Kate demand out of breath, the guy didn't say anything and just smirked mockingly.

This is a waste of time. Kate pistol whipped him and watched his body fall before emptying the magazine out of the gun. Kate still hadn't forgotten that someone was there, "Who's...there?" She said looking at her bloody and bruised knuckles then looking back up. "You here to kill me too" she breathed out.