Chapter 2

Yelena was currently on her way to New York, after being offered money for Kate Bishop's head Yelena knew there was a bounty on her head so she decided to go back and make sure she doesn't get herself killed.

Now thinking about Kate Yelena remembered something.

"Lets grab a drink huh?"

"Okay sure , after I kill Barton"

Yelena's smile dropped slightly thinking about the last part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yelena made it to New York and was currently on top of a roof watching Kate being followed by a man. Yelena wondered if Kate was aware of the man following her. Kate had turned and walked towards the park across the street, Yelena sighed looking out into the city thinking Kate was about to get herself killed.

Yelena through the hook of her wire on roof and jumped down to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yelena just watched as Kate fought the guys and she felt she was wrong about Kate getting herself killed when she kicking there asses but then she saw that she was on the ground with a gun to her head. Yelena almost acted on autopilot as she stepped forward-

Snap!

Yelena looked down to her foot and saw a small branch, a rookie mistake. Yelena looked back up to see the guy looking around for her but then Kate got the guys attention by very quickly knocking the guys gun out of his hand and grabbing it. This caused her eyes to widen in surprise.

But then she pointed the gun at him asking him something, but then she pistol whipped him catching Yelena by surprise even more.

This didn't seem like Kate.

And that's why Yelena didn't move or say anything when Kate called out who's there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate clenched her fist before looking around one time then starting to walk back to her apartment.

Her head was pounding and her knuckles hurt, Kate rubbed her forehead inhaling sharply as her head pounded with pain still. Finally making it to her apartment she opened the door and saw lucky sitting on the couch who quickly jumped off at the sight of Kate.

"Hey buddy" Kate said softly crouching down and petting him. As lucky laid back on the couch Kate started to walk to her bathroom before hearing something.

"Kat-" Kate quickly through the nearest thing to her in the direction of the voice, turning to look she saw a certain blonde that caught the object and Kate's eyes widened.

"Yelena....?" she said before collapsing on the ground causing Yelena to panic slightly as she rushed to her side and kneeled down "Kate?" She said with a bit of concern evident in her voice. "Yelena what the hell are you doing here?" Said Kate quietly opening her eyes. "Well I was here to make sure you are alive and maybe take you to Ohio with me because it's not safe for you anymore in New York" Kate furrowed her eyebrows and groaned as she sat up saying "Well, I don't need your help Yelena" as she rubbed her forehead again.

Yelena furrowed her eyebrows now too, Kate got up and started to head to the bathroom leaving Yelena a bit confused and hurt. Yelena opened her mouth to say something but found no words, meanwhile Kate was blinking back tears as she poured alcohol over her knuckles and bandaged them up. Inhaling shakily Kate  touched the back of her head remembering how she got dragged by her hair.

She winced when she touched the back of her head. "Kate" said Yelena leaning against the door frame "Are you okay?" No. Kate wanted to cry seeing the genuine concern in her eyes. "I'll take your silence as a no"
"No!...I mean no, I'm fine okay" Kate said dismissively then walked pass Yelena to the kitchen.

"Listen um you should go Yelena because I can handle myself. I-" Kate rambled on looking for some painkillers. "Kate, I'm not leaving. There is a bounty on your head from Fisk more people will come after you"

Kate froze and turned to look at Yelena "...What?"
"There is a bounty on your head from Fisk"
Kate leaned back against the counter, just great.
But then Kate thought of something "Wait- were you hired to kill me?"
"No"
Kate raised an eyebrow before taking her painkillers and then ran a hand through her hair. Yelena watched her, looking at her bandaged fist then to her neck with a barely visible red/purple mark from the rope, seeing this caused a heavy feeling in Yelena's chest But also noticing the way she was dressed there was no doubt Kate looked good and-

Snap out of it! Yelena told herself shaking her head slightly. "Yelena..." Kate said hesitantly walking around the counter to where she stood "Sorry about my—sorry about before but um...it's good to see you, Clint told me you guys made up but I never got to hear your side of things. I um I'm sorry" Kate said putting a comforting hand on her shoulder, Yelena was confused Yelena thought she should be the one comforting Kate after what she just saw at the park.

"Kate you have nothing to be sorry for-" Kate brought Yelena close and wrapped her arms around her in a hug, Yelena tensed slightly before hearing Kate sniffle
"Kate? Kate it's okay" Yelena hugged Kate back not knowing what else to say except "I'm sorry about your mother"

"It's fine" Kate whispered softly before breaking the contact and wiping some tears off her face "Sorry for hugging you without your permission, I just haven't been feeling myself lately but I'm sure you didn't come to see me cry like an idiot" Kate rambled on again blinking back more tears. "Kate it's okay" Yelena said putting a hand on her check rubbing with her thumb softly getting Kate to shut up.

Kate's eyes darted to her lips and then back up immediately what the hell is wrong with me? Yelena noticed though and backed up slowly taking her hand off Kate. This made Kate scared, scared she just did something wrong and she didn't want anything else to go wrong.

"Yelena you should go, go back home I mean"
Yelena's eyebrows furrowed.
"I can handle myself as you saw, and thank you for warning me about the bounty. Now I know what I'm up against"
"Kate you can't do this alone, your going to get yourself killed" Yelena said in a matter-of-fact tone. Kate rolled her eyes and started walking away to the door "Yes actually I can do this alone so just go home" Kate said opening the door and gesturing outside "Please this isn't your problem.......I'm not your problem" Kate pleaded quietly watching Yelena open her mouth but nothing came out.

Yelena just walked towards the door without saying anything and had an unreadable expression. Kate felt her heart wrench slightly as Yelena walked pass her out the door, Kate now felt guilty but at the same time she thought she was doing her a favor.

A favor of keeping Yelena safe and finally handling something on her own.