Chapter 10

Y'all I'm losing readers help 😟 (it's fine tho 🌝)

_____________

Yelena's eyes widened as her breath hitched, Kate still hadn't moved from pinning her with her legs still around her neck.

And it was now she realized what position they were in, and suddenly Yelena's hands on her thighs felt hot.
Yelena had been caught off guard, and she scolded herself for doing so.

Suddenly the air felt different as she laid on the mat pinned, what was she doing? She stared up into Kate's eyes who still had her fist up like she was about to strike Yelena.

She didn't like this, getting caught off guard. And honestly now it wasn't even about getting thrown off balance in a fight, Yelena didn't know why but Kate's thighs felt hot around her too.

They stayed staring into each other's eyes again, Kate was a bit surprised that she actually pinned her down but also because Yelena still hasn't moved at all.

Stop thinking about her.

Kate couldn't help it as she quickly glanced at Yelena's lips while lowering her fist. Everything feels hot.

And it didn't go unnoticed to Yelena when Kate glanced at her lips again. But Yelena did too unconsciously, when suddenly Kate's phone rang.

"Shit! sorry" Kate said feeling her face heat up slightly as she got off Yelena quickly to get her phone.

As Kate answered her phone Yelena hadn't moved for a few seconds. What is she doing to me? She thought as she stood up looking at Kate who was still on the phone, Yelena stayed staring at Kate, and she felt something.

No. No I can't, I won't. Yelena thought as she started walking upstairs to Kate's old apartment, she sat on Kate's bed and ran a hand through her hair sighing when suddenly her phone vibrated.

She grabbed it and read the message from the Home Screen.

I've located two Widows in New York, they're going to be bought at a warehouse tonight.

Yelena boiled with anger as she read the message.

Send the location. I'll meet you tonight.

She texted back, as she heard Kate coming up the stairs. "Hey, it was just Beth calling me to say she'll come over a little bit before we go out"

"Okay" Yelena got up "Should we continue training?" Kate asked as Yelena walked past her, "No we've done enough"

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate and Yelena had returned back to the penthouse, for the remaining time Yelena stayed up in her room as Kate took Lucky for a walk.

Kate didn't expect Yelena to come down even after she returned and she did her best not to be bothered by that fact.

After she came back with Lucky, she poured him water and layed on the couch sighing. She felt her body relax as she took out her phone to see if Beth texted her at all.

She didn't.

But Kate didn't really care. "How could Kate Bishop forget about her hot date?" Yelena's words echoed in Kate's mind, Beth was very beautiful but she barely knew much about her.

Then Kate remembered how she look again Yelena's lips again, earlier when she had her pinned down.
She couldn't help it.

"Gosh what's wrong with me?" Kate whispered as she closed her eyes. No way Yelena could even be interested, I'm annoying and awkward. Kate thought.

Wait why do I even care if she's interested?

She felt Lucky jump on the couch at her feet, taking her out of her thoughts. She smiled slightly laying back down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yelena thought it was best to stay upstairs considering she wanted an empty mind before freeing two widows tonight. Normally it would have been easy but a lots changed since the blonde was around Kate.

Kate was becoming a distraction. That's it.

Natasha came into the assassins mind, she missed her so much, the only thing that she cared about was her sister.

No one else.

She couldn't, love was for children.

"I miss you 'Tasha" Yelena muttered feeling her eyes water, she blinked till it went away.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While it was getting late, Kate had decided to shower and spent time thinking about what to wear. Honestly suits were her comfort even though her mom never liked that she wore them.

But that didn't matter now, so she was going to wear one. She picked out black slacks with a dark purple button up, black tie, matching vest suit. (Kate just didn't feel like a blazer today)

Now that the archer picked her outfit she hung it up and put on regular clothes, she wanted to surprise Beth (and Yelena not that she would ever admit out it loud)

The sound of the bell being rung and Lucky barking abruptly caused Kate to race downstairs, Lucky was at end of the hallway barking at the door. "Lucky come here boy, hey calm down" Kate said a little bit alarmed.

"Who's at the door?" Kate jumped slightly almost forgetting Yelena was still there "Jesus fuck! Don't do that Yelena" Kate spat as Yelena just smirked.

Lucky then barked again, Kate panicked slightly and looked at Yelena "Its Beth. Take him to your room". Yelena grabbed his collar, Lucky followed her upstairs.

When they were both out of sight Kate quickly went to the door unlocking it, to see Beth. "Hey I'm sorry about the dog barking, he's normally chill" Kate said opening the door letting Beth in.

She looked beautiful, a dark green dress (backless) with black heels(almost familiar) "It's no problem Kate, really" Beth smiled looking around "Nice place"

Kate was busy looking Beth up and down she couldn't help it, she looked beautiful. Gosh snap out of it. "Um thanks, you look..uh" Kate muttered slightly as Beth smirked "Well I wanna look good if I'm to run into a beautiful woman"

"Oh"

Kate didn't expect her to be so bold, Beth just smiled and started walking to her kitchen with Kate following closely behind. "..So what place will we be eating at tonight?" Kate asked as Beth leaned against the counter where Kate decided to sit.

"Hmm..It's a surprise" Beth replied, Kate nodded looking to her side to see Yelena who was just coming from downstairs. "Oh I didn't know you had company" Beth said as she saw Yelena, Yelena stayed silent as Kate internally panicked "Um yeah this is 'Lena my...um friend who is staying here.."

Yelena mentally rolled her eyes as Beth just nodded saying "Nice to meet you 'Lena" While Kate looked at her with the look of 'Be nice'. Yelena forced a small smile "You too" she said with her American accent, which never failed to surprise Kate. "Well I'm gonna get ready, I'll be back in a few minutes" Kate got up and brushed past Yelena giving her a playful look muttering "Play nice"

Yelena smirked slightly as she turned her attention back to Beth. "Kate must be lucky to have you" Beth commented as Yelena frowned slightly "How so?"

"Well given all that she's been through, I know she felt like she had no one by her side—or at least I assumed—but it seems she has you." Beth's words somehow hit Yelena in the heart, the past few days they've both been there for each other.

"Yes she is"

_________

Love all of u who keep voting my story <3