Chapter 3

It's been three days since Yelena showed up and Kate told her to leave.

So far everything has been quiet on the bounty part, Kate had gone back to her new apartment and has been staying there for now. Kate has been thinking about Yelena the past three days wanting to apologize for what she said.

But Kate had decided to try and take her mind off things by actually attending an invitation that Bishop Security got for a party. Kate was still deciding what to wear, suit or dress.

Dress.

To hide weapons, Kate had gotten a nice dark purple and black dress, she then went to go get her bow and arrows(just in case) Kate opened the box with her bow and pressed the button that said PYM shrinking it down to fit in her hand, she did the same with her arrows and put them in a smaller box that went into a holster under her dress.

Kate had decided to leave her hair down so she wouldn't feel really exposed considering the dress was backless.

Kate waited a few seconds in front of her apartment then a limo came around and parked, she got in and told the driver where to go as she had sure her makeup wasn't messed up before a blonde Russian invaded her thoughts again.

"Kate it's okay"

"Yelena you should go, go back home I mean"

Kate didn't deny that the thought of kissing Yelena had crossed her mind in the moment that Yelena had put her hand of her cheek but she was pretty sure she accidentally scared Yelena for a moment.

Guilt pooled into her chest again but she came back to reality when the car stopped, the doors opened and a man held his hand out "Ms. Bishop" he greeted as she toke his hand to help her out of the car. Kate put on a fake smile and greeted him back walking to the entrance (luckily it was just a mansion) Kate could hear light chatter as she walked in but then suddenly it quieted down and everyone looked at her.

Kill me. Kate awkwardly walked towards the bar as everyone gradually went back to talking, Kate sighed sitting down at the bar "What shall we have today miss?" The bartender asked smirking slightly as he leaned forward "Just a...Vodka" she said quietly "Alrighty miss...?" "Bishop"

The bartender nodded and walked away as Kate looked around for anyone suspicious but she was quickly distracted as she saw a platinum blonde woman with a bright red velvet dress and matching lipstick and of course surrounded with a few men who obviously men would never have a chance with a woman like her.

The woman looked at the corner of her eye at Kate and Kate froze being caught staring but she didn't look away as the blonde stared, suddenly she smirked slightly and went back to talking with the man in front of her. Kate turned around and sighed. Wow. She's hot.

The bartender handed her the drink and she took a swing before putting the cup down. "Had a tough evening?" A female voice said to the side of her.

Kate almost panicked it was the blonde, Kate didn't answer and just stared at her beauty. The blonde smirked "You know staring isn't polite" Kate blushes slightly "Yes I um, sorry" Kate mumbled looking down at her drink before looking back at the blonde.

"It's fine, I'm Beth, Beth Ratched" Beth said holding her hand out "Oh I'm Kate, Kate Bishop" Kate said shaking her hand although their hands lingered for a moment longer before being interrupted by the bar tender "Need a refill.....Kate Bishop?" But instead of the guy it was a certain blonde Russian.

Kate's eyes widened. Yelena.

Kate stared and didn't answer "No thank you" Beth answered for her, Yelena turned her head at Beth slightly glaring before smiling mockingly "Of course" Yelena said in an American accent then glanced at Kate before walking off into the crowd with a tray of glasses.

Kate's eyes followed Yelena "Do you know her?" Beth said studying Kate's face "Uh.....yea you could say that"
She muttered before looking back down at her drink, wait what the hell is she even doing here? Is it to make sure there is no threats around or....

Kate started to look around for anyone suspicious , Kate looked at one of the workers to see him look away quickly then at one of the other ones also seeing her look away quickly and muttering something as Kate looked in her direction. This caused Kate to now be on high alert.

"Hey you okay?" Kate felt a hand on her arm and turned her attention back to Beth "Oh yea I'm good" Kate said a little hasty "Hey um sorry about everyone looking when you arrived here" Beth said not taking her hand off her arm as Kate furrowed her eyebrows in slight confusion "When you arrived I saw everyone one looking at you like you didn't belong, it's because...well they all know about your mother being in jail for murder and I'm sure they think they shouldn't trust you or Bishop Security anymore after that incident"

"Well then why are you here talking to me?" Kate said sounding a little harsher then she intended, Beth smiled a sad smile slightly "Because you seem good"
I'm starting to question if I'm still good these days. Kate smiled looking down at her cup but still noticed when Beth leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

"I'd like to talk more Kate but for now I have to go, till next time" Beth said quietly before walking away as Kate's eyes followed her till she got into her car and drove off.

Kate sighed before looking around once again then got up and decided to find Yelena and have a chat with her about why she was still in the city. "Need something?" Yelena said in her normal voice behind Kate "Yea I need to know why your here for starters" Kate said not turning around, Yelena made a nonchalant face "As I said you're going to get yourself killed Kate Bishop"

Kate turned around about to say something before looking at Yelena's clothes, instead of the regular bartender suit look she had on a dress, a dark green one with a slit in the dress for her leg. "Wow. Did you change?"
"Yes I couldn't talk to you in a work uniform, it would look suspicious. Now lets talk while we dance" Yelena took Kate's hand and took her to the small dance floor they had where only a few people were dancing.

"There's-"
"I know. I knew some goons would be here which is why I came"

Kate rolled her eyes "I could've handled them, even the snipers I just now noticed" Kate said looking around and counting how many goons were there, Kate swears that Yelena read her mind "We got 7 inside, some are armed and 2 snipers" Yelena said quietly twirling Kate and bringing her back by grabbing her waist.

Kate felt something in her at the feeling of Yelena's hand on her waist, "Great" Kate said sarcastically as Yelena rolled her eyes before looking away saying "So who was you're beautiful friend that you were talking to earlier?"

Kate smiled slightly "Her name was Beth, she was nice"
"And you trust her?"
"Is there a reason I shouldn't trust her?"
"Kate. You have a bounty on your head for a lot of money"
"So...?"
"So be careful who you trust"

Kate sighed remembering now what happened three days ago "Yelena I-

The sound of a window breaking interrupted her and suddenly a certain bomb looking thing was thrown into the middle of the dance floor before it clicked Kate looked up at Yelena as she did the same muttering "Smoke bomb" before it went off and smoke stared to sprout between them and people screamed panicking then the sound of more being thrown could be heard. "Shit" Kate muttered lifting up a part of her dress and taking out her bow

Clicking the button turning both her arrows and bow to normal size "Everybody get out of here!" Kate yell putting an arrow on her bow and holding it down as she tried to make out her surroundings.

"Shit"