II - // fallingforyou //

"Darling, are you ready?" My mother voices from downstairs.

"Five more minutes, mum-" I answered as I try to choose what dress to wear in my closet.

I just got out of the shower and its Sunday. My favorite day of the week because I get to go to church with my whole family and I'd really like to ask God for some strength and forgiveness.

I settled with my salmon colored dress with sunflowers on it and a white cardigan, I made sure to wear my favorite accessory which is my cross necklace. I always knew it was my luckycharm.

I slipped on some sandals and combed my hair, and applied a little of mascara.

I don't really use make up. I don't like the idea of painting myself. I am contented with what I look like because God has given me it and I should be thankful for it.

I strolled down the stairs and met my parents in the kitchen.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked, opening the fridge and grabbing an apple.

"Yes, dear." My mom exclaimed.

A few minutes later we were all in the car and driving our way to church.

The stereo was playing hillsongs and I sang along quietly.

We arrived early and got to pick good seats.

After awhile, people came flooding in and it was sad to see that no one from my school made an effort to go to church today. I was the only teen who attended the mass. It was sad, reallysad that nobody in my generation put effort on going to church its like when you ask them they'll say they're busy and couldn't attend but when you invite them to a party they'd show up 5 hours earlier than the party time and there are some who you didn't even know and invited starting showing up. Its really disappointing.

The service ended and my mother received a call as soon as we reached the car.

Panic was in her eyes and I was starting to get worried.

"Okay, thanks. I'll call you again later. Take care of her for awhile. Yes, yes. Bye." He hanged up.

"What was that about?" My dad asked,

"Honey, I'm afraid we have to leave you this whole weekend and maybe until next week." My mom darted to my direction.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I asked, I'm used to being alone. They leave me when they go to business trips so I'm used to having the whole house to myself for weeks. I'm sure this is not going to be a big deal.

"Your grandmother is sick. Again. She's in the hospital and-"

"Mum, its okay. Go take care of Nana. I can handle myself. You don't have to explain." I gave her avreasuring smile, I'm being considerate, she looks so worried and I need to be there for her and cooperate for the better good.

"I'm sorry, I was really looking forward to having this week for our family bonding since your father and I have been in loads of business trips and kept leaving you alone in the house." She sighed.

"Its okay, mum. I understand. Don't feel bad, we still have a lot of days ahead of us."

She and my father smiled.

Soon enough we were pulling in the driveway.

"When are you guys leaving?" I asked,

"This afternoon." My mum ran upstairs as quickly as she can, "I'm going to start packing bags that your father and I will bring." She muttered and I just nodded in response heaving my way to the living room.