IV - // The City //

School was a drag. I had two pop quizzes and a reading assignment.

When the bell rang to let everyone know its lunch I hesitated to enter the cafeteria.

Billions of thoughts starting to pound in my head.

What if he's there?

What if he knew that I was lying?

What if he finds out that we study at the same school and that I actually know things about him?

I sighed. I wouldn't let myself starve to death because of my fear of him. I don't actually fear him but he just kinds of...intimidate me.

That boy who is an outcast at the same time popular, cocky and undeniably beautiful..face carved by angels.

Gosh! I need to get it together!

I pushed my thoughts away before pushing the doors.

The whole canteen was crowded and it was loud. Almost a quarter of the school body was in here, squashed in this little space.

The air smelled like grease and milk and a little of sweat but mostly it smelled like food.

An exasperated sigh escape my lips as I grabbed myself a tray and fell in line.

I can't help but to look around and look for the familiar blue eyes that kept me awake for three nights straight. Its almost been three days since my first and...last encounter with him.

"What can I get you?" A voice asked directly to me making me snap out of my trance.

It was the lunch lady, staring at me impatiently as she waits for my answer.

"An apple and a carton of milk will do." I spoke.

She nodded and placed my order on my tray, "Want some jell-o with that?" She gestured towards the red slimy gelatin in front of her.

I shook my head, "No. I'm fine. Thank you."

I walked my way towards the counter and paid for my lunch. I walked my way towards my usual table and sat silently.

I never had friends in this school. I lack social skills and I'm awkward. I get anxiety when people look at me. I get bullied most of the time for being secluded and being..different, I guess.

This school is supposed to be a sanctuary for it was established by the priests back in the 1800's. Burke Hill is a quiet town miles away from the biggest cities. Our town never had headlines of such to be even known. Every year our population was decreasing since people who lives here aspire more to begin with, So they migrate to bigger and known cities and start new. Burke Hill School for the Christians is one of the well known schools here in this quiet town. This place used to be big and famous because of all the historical landmarks but then all of the sudden it was forgotten.

It didn't bother me though, I've always love peace. Its really rare to see new faces around here. People here know each other's business more than their own lives. They love gossip and its their entertainment since there's nothing really anything to do in this place.

This town has 3 schools, 2 churches a police and fire station, a hospital, 2 banks and a park, a shopping mall, a cinema and loads of food parlors, arcades and groceries. There used to be more fun places here but they went out of business and closed down.