𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝟎𝟓

❝dear a,

dear a,

can we be best friends in love dear?❞

amane was already halfway to finish listening to the confession tapes. amane still doesn't have a clue on who pandora is. perhaps, the confession tapes weren't enough to recognize the identity behind pandora.

he also noticed that everytime pandora starts to speak, she uses "dear a" as a catchy opening sequence for her rants.

i love how charming you are, i like the way you gently tug my heartstrings. i love the way you give me affection and physical touches as if we're comfortable with each other.

there was an uncanny resemblance between amane's dynamic with [name] and pandora's.

❝how come we lace our fingers together as we rest by the rooftop? how come our noses meet whenever we're close to one another instead of our lips? how come you wanted me to stay in your arms? how come we act so sweet as if we belong to each other yet we're not together?❞

amane wondered the same thing with [name]. how come? they were basically too close to be friends, they're technically lovers in a nutshell. then, what's preventing them from being together?

are they both just waiting for each other?

he heard a small click from the player, meaning that the tape stopped playing and had reached its end. amane took off the tape, he checks the back of the cassette and saw something.

E

"e?" amane asked, clearly confused. there's a random letter plastered behind the fifth tape. a yawn escapes from his lips, he was too tired to think whether the other tapes that he listened has a letter too.

and so, amane closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep. he's probably seeing things due to his sleep deprived state.

🌸🌸🌸

for five years, [name] and amane had been the best of friends. always there for the fun, for the tears and the slow days. amane felt like there was someone where he can become himself without the need to filter their identity. he never felt so happy when [name] reciprocates his affections he gives her, both are touch starved for each other.

somehow, amane felt like he was being fake. when he's facing [name], they're totally friends but at the moment she turns away, amane saw her more than that. realizing that he was too late that he had already fallen for her. he had no choice but to hide his feelings for years.

"still can't figure out who pandora is?" [name] asked while taking an egg roll from amane's lunch and plopped it in her mouth. amane shook his head while chewing on his food. there's a part of him that wanted to confess to [name] if pandora mentions that she confessed to 'a' on the remaining tapes. "if you told me the details, maybe i can help you figure it out as well?"

amane somehow liked [name]'s voice. it reminded her of milk and honey, both smooth and sweet. his eyebrows furrowed a bit, pandora's voice is quite similar with [name]'s or is he that stupid enough to notice.

'could it be..?'

he shook his head. 'if the tapes belong to [name], she'll immediate want it back when i told her that shijima-senpai gave me a box of tapes from the art room.'

'i guess it wouldn't hurt to tell her some more details.'

"pandora had a crush on someone named 'a' because her tapes would always start by 'dear a' before ranting her thoughts." amane explained as he took a slice of spam from his lunch using his chopsticks and ate it. "they even had the same dynamic as ours, although pandora should probably confess by now, i can feel that 'a' likes her back."

"but what if 'a' doesn't like pandora back?" [name] asked. "just because they act lovey dovey to you doesn't mean that they're really into you. platonic friendships exist."

amane coughed, all of his actions weren't even platonic in the first place anyways. he showed intimacy like lovers would do, knowing that it would ruin their friendship if he didn't confess. if he plans to confess to [name] after hearing those tapes, then that would be the last time they'll ever be close.

🌸🌸🌸