𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝟎𝟖

❝dear a,

dear a,

i really miss you.

amane looked like a wreck. his eye bags started to appear due to the lack of sleep. [name] noticed that amane was avoiding him when she tried to approach him and he panned away without saying a word.

did [name] do something? if that's what he's going to do for the rest of the day then be it. [name] bitterly ignored him for almost a day and brought up whispers and gossips inside the classroom.

"bes, have you heard? yugi and [surname] aren't talking."

"my ghad, i wonder what happened to them?"

"whatever it is, it must be really bad, no?"

akane walked by as the group of students kept whispering to each other like those women you see in local stores where they gossip with one another and they still don't have a talk show. akane smacked the back of amane's head since he was sleeping on his desk. "oi, yugi." the red haired lowered himself down as amane raised his head, only showing his eyes and nose. "i know im not the type to meddle with stuffs but these rumors about you and [surname] are getting a little out of hand."

amane buried his head with his arms, grumbling that he has no time to deal with this bullshit right now. akane's eyes twitched in annoyance, he grabbed his choppy locks and raised his head up by force. "ow ow ow-" amane winced in pain.

"you, me, outside."

🌸🌸🌸

"basically, the tapes that your senpai gave you that day belonged to [surname]-san?" akane clarifies to make sure that he got every detail of amane's story right. "and those tapes were about her talking about this guy whom she called 'a'?"

"now that i got the person behind the tapes, i don't think i wanna know who the person she's talking about. [name] said that she doesn't have hope for that person so i guess that makes us even?" amane chuckled sarcastically. truth to be told, amane was annoyed at himself, always putting up an act to prove that he's fine and dandy when he's clearly not.

"are you dense, perhaps? take this as a grain of salt," akane deadpanned. "who do you think [name] hangs out with the most for her to gain feelings for that person?"

"i'm not being dense, i'm not assuming anything because in the end i'm the only one who's getting hurt if i keep on hoping." amane rests his arm on top of his knee while a hand was resting upon his cheek. "it's called mixed signals, you think she likes you but you're wrong."

"you know, you can't ignore [name] forever." akane sat next to the broken male, sitting on a crouching position. "it hurts from the start, but as days go by, you'll no longer feel the pain. when ao-chan started dating yashiro-san, i find it hard to accept it at first, then came a thought that she'll be happy if i support her, so i did and it made her happy."

'[name] probably confessed to this guy or maybe she was planning to, but whatever the result is,'

'i'll always support her.'

amane didn't know what to do next. he was staring at the eighth tape for two and a half minutes now, contemplating whether he should play it or not, maybe the final tapes will reveal who 'a' is because he already knew that pandora is [name].

he mounted the tape inside the player and pressed play.

dear a,

...

...

...

||

amane furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. did the tape just got cut off? amane stood up from his bed to get a screwdriver from the storage box to check if that's all there is or is the tape stuck. he unscrews the top case of the cassette tape and it seemed like someone had cut it and put it back inside.

like, let's say you're recording, then you want to cut a part in between, so the parts that were not cut remained in the recording. "looks like i wouldn't be able to listen to the eighth tape." amane sighed as he puts it back in the box, but before he did, something had caught his eye when he saw the back of the tape.

G

another letter? amane did recall that on the fifth tape there's the letter 'e', are they possibly playing hangman using the tapes? and what are these letters represent of? amane had no choice but to finally listen the last tape, then a notification popped up from his phone.

shijima
yugi-kouhai
bring back the tapes tomorrow morning
someone wants to bring it back

🌸🌸🌸

so guys, we're almost in the end hehe~