𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝟎𝟗

❝dear a,

dear a,

i love you.

amane muttered sourly under his breath when he saw mei's text. "took you long enough, senpai..." he said. amane plans to bring back the box tomorrow and pretend that the tapes didn't make his heartbreak. he needs to work out on acting fine around [name] despite the fact that she likes someone else.

amane couldn't hear the eighth tape, supposedly it would contain any information about 'a', guess [name] didn't want to admit it already.

it would be a win-win situation if the ninth tape didn't have anything to reveal the identity of 'a' but it would haunt amane if [name] mentioned the real name of 'a'.

he come so far, and now, he gets to listen to the last tape. amane's hand shook, his heart racing with fear and excitement as he inserts the tape into the player.

i ended up chickening out, so i decided to put this box inside the art clubroom and let someone fortunate enough to listen to all nine tapes.

and you, the listener, are going to help me give this box to 'a' but wait, you don't know anything about who is 'a' yet.

amane would probably cheer if his guesses were right, but now he wanted to smack himself for guessing it right that the ninth tape will reveal who 'a' really is.

i put letters behind the tapes to indicate the [name] of 'a', its self explanatory that his first name starts with 'a' so, put the first tape.

amane felt hesitant at the moment, does he want to know who 'a' really is? he already discovered three letters behind the tape which is a (as mentioned by [name]), e and g.

when you finally put the pieces together and saw his name, please give it to him if you do know him, i'm afraid to face him.

"goddamn it [name], do i really have to go through this guessing game—" amane chuckled, taking the first tape from the box. "extra as always."

A; first tape

"i just have to put it in order right?" amane puts down the first tape on the ground. first, he has to look at the letters of the tape one by one before piecing them together at the end, so he can finally know who 'a' really is.

A; third tape

U; seventh tape

E; fifth tape

amane could feel his heart pounding, its like those game shows where you have to guess the word and each letter reveals the longer you take time to think.

M; second tape

G; eighth tape

N; fourth tape

adrenaline rushes through his veins when he picked up the sixth tape. amane could hear the deafening sound of his heart beat pounding through his chest.

Y; sixth tape

then the remaining one is the ninth tape that was currently mounted in the cassette player.

you can now dismount this tape to complete, thank you for listening, i hope you enjoy your day.

I; ninth tape

"i know this is going to be a hard to swallow pill, but if this guy hurts [name] i swear i'll throw a punch on his face." amane threatened under his breath. he stared at the messy piles of tapes that he took out from the box. he inhaled before he puts the tapes in order.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A M A N E  Y U G I

"wait?—" amane couldn't believe it, how could he be so dense after all this time? the tapes literally spelled his name, then that means. "i was 'a'?"

now the dots started to connect, no wonder [name] said in the tapes that 'a' is affectionate, there's literally no one in her friend group is affectionate as amane. he kind of felt bad for ignoring [name] for getting the wrong idea, he was so ready to face the pain then it was revealed that [name] likes him too.

now what? the dear a series is finally over, amane felt like he was meddling with [name]'s things. for tomorrow, he's going to apologize to [name], bring the tapes to her and confess his feelings with ease.

amane puts the tapes back in the box since he was ready to go back to sleep, hoping that tomorrow would come as fast as it could.