Chapter 5

Ragini was making space in her cupboard Neela was sitting on the bed

"You have a really beautiful house " Neela said

"Thank you " Neela ji

"Don't call me Neela ji " just call me Neela.

Ragini nodded with a small smile. She was different from her sister Ragini thought.

"Which school do you teach in " Neela asked

"Highgate school"  It's near our house

"I saw that school when I was coming here. "

"Can I ask you something if you don't mind" Ragini was a bit hesitant

"Yes ask " Neela feared that she is going to ask about Manik's parents

"How did Nyonika ji disappeared after shrikant ji's death" Ragini finally asked the question which was troubling her

"She was in depression after jiju's death."  One day she went out and never returned . Neela wasn't lying , but she did not tell the whole truth.

"Manik must have been so small at that time. " Ragini said sympathetically  She has seen how life changes after one death in the house.  She was still there for her children but Manik had no one she felt very bad for that child.

"He was small. " He doesn't even remember jiju or di that properly. All he remembers are those horrible memories . She mumbled the last line.

"As much as I noticed him. He is a very quiet guy". He hardly talks. Ragini said

"That he does."  He doesn't get mixed with people easily.  It takes months or years .

"Really I thought it's a new place that's why he is so quiet.

Manik speaks whatever comes to his mind If he says something bad unknowingly please don't feel bad . Neela knows her nephew very well he won't say something bad but she doesn't know the people here if they take his sarcastic comments seriously

"We won't " she assured her. She definitely won't but she didn't know about her parents and children

............................ ||

Nandin could see some shoes outside her house. She wondered whose shoes are they. Did someone came to their house? This question was roaming around her head. She saw no one in the living room. It was afternoon. Her grandparents and her Maa must be taking a nap. Her siblings will be outside playing . She saw a paper on the ground .

She was about to pick it up before that a hand ,in which the person was  wearing a branded watch picked it up . She looked up at the person to get the biggest shock.

It was the same  eyes and the same person whom she saw that day. The person looked irritated after seeing her, picking up the paper . He went towards the guest room.

Nandini was still standing there shocked.

Veer came inside the house probably to take something.

"Veer who is this guy " Nandini asked recovering from her shock.

"He is our new tenant"  His name is Manik bhaiya while running out of the house he said this

Nandini went to her room. She was confused .He didn't recognized her or was he someone else. It was very dark  that day she didn't see his face properly maybe he couldn't see her face too. She was sure about one thing he is the same guy she met.

............................ ||

The sky was ablaze with the fire of setting sun. The view from the terrace was so beautiful that it cannot be described in words. Manik closed his eyes , to see the face of the doe eyed girl . The fact that she was his neighbour was irritating him more than anything.