Chapter 9

It was a sunny afternoon when Nandini returned home She could see her mother and grandmother  were sitting dressed at home.

"Maa are you going somewhere?" Nandini asked

"Yes one of your grandfather's friend invited us at his place . At first we planned not to go because Veer and Aashi's exams are coming then they requested so much so we have to go we are not taking Aashi and Veer. We will try to come back soon. "

"I thought you are going for grocery shopping for roza"( Ramadan fasting)

"Your grandfather brought everything in the afternoon" Aruna said

"But maa I didn't sort everything I just kept the items in kitchen " Ragini said

"Maa I think roza is day after tomorrow we have time don't worry" Nandini assured

They heard the yell of udit telling them come soon. He knew his wife and daughter never comes out of the house early which gives the cab driver chance to charge extra money from them.Ragini and Aruna instructed more than hundred times,to not open the door if any stranger comes and warned her younger kids to study.

.................................||

Manik had a book in his hand he was sitting near the window of his room. Reading half of the chapter he realized it was a love story, something which he doesn't find interesting So he found a new interest which is looking at the sky He  could see the sky covered in a grey blanket of wispy cotton clouds shadowing the area.

The darkness spread from rooftop's to plants the roads and sidewalks tinted dark grey in anticipation of the incoming storm.

As evening came the heaven split open and rain gushed from the heaven like water fall . The droplets mercilessly poured over the city ,the ground wet as water pooled into multiple puddles. The smell of sulphur and dampness wafted in the air.

Thunder clap echoed and the sky turned into a beautiful shade of purple . Apart from the window showcasing the the  mesmerizing yet frightening storm outside the entire house was swallowed into the pitch of darkness.

Among the darkness he could spot a moon. His hands raised to read surah when you see moon of Ramadan. "If you pray seeing the moon your all wishes gets fulfilled" This is what his maasi says but his wishes never got fulfilled so he didn't have any expectations. He didn't wish for anything.

.................................||

Ragini could see the storm wasn't going to stop anytime soon and they cannot go home until the storm stops. She never let her children alone in such bad weather. They just saw in news that tomorrow is roza so that means they had to do the sehri tonight. Nothing is arranged at her home. She walked from one side to another in panick.

Aruna observed her daughter looked worried and she knew the reason. She politely excused herself from the conversation she was having with her husband namit and his wife

Aruna placed a hand on ragini's shoulder.Ragini turned to see her mother standing

"When you have a daughter like Nandini you shouldn't be worried she will be able to manage" Aruna remembered they once invited orphan children for iftar but they had food shortage. She didn't want any children to go hungry from their home. Nandini managed to cook food in two hours for sixty children.

"I know maa" she answered with a small smile. She knew her daughters capability of handling everything. But there is a motherly fear in her heart which never goes away.

Ragini's phone started ringing "Who is it Ragini" Aruna asked

"It's Neela " She answered the call

"Hello ragini I hope I didn't disturb you "