Chapter 7

A pleasant smell was in the air that accompanies the rain. Nandini closed her eyes to take the feel of fresh air. She was in her garden watering the plants.

"Nandini " A voice called her. All of a sudden her heart started beating faster . With the pipe in her hand she turned around.

"Your Grandfather is asking for the two years agreement " Manik said

"I will give it to him after watering the plants "

"I don't have time to wait ." Give it soon I need to sign it.  He said while turning towards the gate to leave.

"Where are you going " Nandini asked

" Why should I tell you? " do you want to follow me like yesterday  he asked with his eyebrows squinted .

She didn't reply and looked away.,Closing the gate he left.

Why did my heart started beating so faster when he called my name? When he called my name it sounded so beautiful. What am I thinking ? I should not talk to this guy even if he is not interested to talk to me its better we should avoid each other that's what I will do from now then all this stupid questions won't come in my head again.

............................ ||

Aruna was knitting a sweater  Something in that boy's look when they talked about his mother disturbed her. There is something about their family which they did not know. She was getting this feeling again and again.
Even if their was some problems she wanted to help Manik but the boy hardly talks to them. Shrikant has done a lot for their family  if she could do something very little for his son it would give her peace, 
I think I should ask Neela if there is any problem . When she was thinking to ask Neela she heard a knock on her door. She saw it was Neela

"Neela come inside"

Neela came and sat on the sofa beside the bed  "Aunty I heard you make really good sweaters actually winter is coming so I would need sweaters and warm clothes for my NGO." If I order it can you make it for me"

"Yes sure I can"

"Thank you so much aunty " " But I would need a lot of sweaters I hope it won't get difficult for you to make".

"Nandini is there I will ask her to help me." 

"Nandini also knows how to knit" Neela asked surprisingly as much as she knew nowadays younger generation doesn't know how to knit and all .

"Yes she does"  Aruna said with a proud smile.  Suddenly she realized she had to ask Neela something it was their personal matter she doesn't know she should ask or not

"Neela I wanted to ask something".  "Does Manik hate his father " whenever we mentioned his name I could see hatred in his eyes."

Neela was smiling till now but her smile vanished hearing the question. Aruna understood that there must be something personal that she could not tell She kept her hand on Neela's hand to comfort her "I understand its something personal and you don't want to tell if you need any help we will be there to help you."

"Aunty you are right Manik doesn't like his father."  Manik thinks he is cruel. He thinks he is not a good man. " Neela spoke she did not add details. She hoped Aruna understood

Aruna was shocked for a moment how can anyone hate Shrikant that too his own son by looking at Neela she understood Neela doesn't want to tell her the whole truth.

"I  tried a lot to decrease this hatred for his father but over the year's his hatred for him only increased."  "Aunty as much as I have talked to you all I felt you know a lot about his father."