The Owl House

EDA POV

It was another rusty day in the Boiling Isles. All the witchlets were in school and the adults were at work, so there was barely anyone around to annoy. If only I still had the key to the human world, then I wouldn't have gone out of business and would have something to do. But, I'd given that to Luz so she could come back when she was able to. But she hadn't in years, I should've never thought about it. 

Luz. The human made me reconsider it all. The person who made me think about what I was doing with my life. Fucking titan I missed her. 

As I lay on the couch king scurried over to me. "EDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M BOOOOOOOOOREDAH!!!" He screamed, jumping up and down on the cushions.  

"I know king, but there's nothing to do. I have billions of elixirs stocked up, we don't need to buy anymore Apple blood or anything, Lily's stopped bothering us, there's literally nothing I can think of doing." I groaned, King stomping his little feet. 

Suddenly, the door swung open and Hooty stared at us. "I know something we can doooooooooo!" 

King threw some plushie at Hooty, which he narrowly missed. "At this point, I'd do anything. What is it you wanna do Hooty." I propped myself up on my elbows and stared at him. 

"We can look through old pictures of you playing Gruuuuuudgby! We know how you loved playing!" Hooty stretched over to us and circled the couch annoyingly. 

I sat up, surprised. "Y'know that's not a bad idea. I think I left that thing somewhere in here.." I reached a hand into my mane and pulled out an old book with a Grudgby ball on the front. "Here it is. The last time I looked through this must've been years ago, thanks Hooty." 

Hooty squealed in excitement, curling himself into a weird knot. "I did something good for once! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" He quickly retracted himself into the door and slammed it shut. 

"Eda you shouldn't encourage him." King said in a monotone voice, sitting next to me. I opened the book and started slowly flipping through the pages. 

"What? It was a good idea, and now I'm feeling nostalgic so sue me." I grinned, stopping at a specific page. There wasn't anything important about it really, it was just a picture of 15 year old me holding a reward for getting Hexside the winning goal or whatever, but there was a small bit of writing on the bottom of the page in a weird purple sparkle pen with stars written all around it. 

Eda I didn't know you were so cool!!!

Me and king stared at it for like, 3 minutes before anyone said anything. ".. Luz wrote that, didn't she?" King whispered. I silently nodded my head. King looked down at the floor before he spoke again. "I miss her. I miss my boo-boo buddy Eda. Why hasn't she come back for us?" 

"I don't know King. I should've thought more about giving her the key. But hey, you never know, she could come back to us at any moment and we'd have no idea. If we hope hard enough she'll return one day, I'm sure of it." He stood up and walked into my hair, wrapping himself in the thick silver strands. 

"Maybe." He dozed off and before I knew it, we were both laying on the couch, dreaming of titan knows what but I'll say we were dreaming of Luz because that sounds more fitting in this situation. 

It was around 8pm when I woke up (the time being 3pm when we went to sleep) to a loud squeal from outside the front door. Hooty must've seen a bug or something because it sounded like he was going mad out there. "Hooty shut up I'm trying to sleep in here!" I yelled at him. A hush fell over The Owl House as I began to fall asleep again when the door burst open. 

"Hooty I said!- Wait what?" My jaw practically unhinged when I saw what I thought was Luz, standing in the doorway and smiling brightly. It couldn't be her, could it? 

"A-alright who's there playing tricks on me?! Come out and face me you illusion making dweeb!!" The illusion of Luz started laughing and running over to me. "S-stay back you Illusio-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before it hugged me. Illusions aren't meant to feel solid and real, you should be able to put your hand through them and then they just disappear. Why was this one so different? Unless.. 

"LUZ?!" I screamed in surprise as she looked at me with tears in her eyes. King popped his head out of my hair in shock. 

"Luz is here?!" He gasped, quickly scurrying onto her head to hug her. I hugged her too, holding tightly so that if she really was an illusion she'd pop out of existence and stop fooling me around. 

"Eda, King, I missed you guys so much!" She cried, squeezing me even tighter than before. That was Luz alright.

"I don't wanna ever leg go of you again! You'll never leave me that way, right?" King squeaked, hugging Luz's hair. She let go of me, chucking. She quickly grabbed him and hugged him properly, a small 'weh' escaping him. But he returned the favor non the less. 

"Wow kiddo, you've really grown haven't you?" I said, ruffling her already messed up hair. I was longer than before, falling downwards instead of up like before. She had certainly grown over the 4 years she was in the human realm, being almost as tall as me now. He clothes were the same, and it was like she'd never left in the first place. She giggled and tidied her hair up with one hand, still holding King with the other. 

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit, my Mom has been extra protective of me and isn't the biggest fan of the whole 'Boiling Isles' thing. But, I have great news regarding that!!" King and I titled our heads to ask 'what is it?'. 

"Since I'm an adult now I get to make my own decisions, so I'm staying here!!!" 

<3