Everyone ships it

LUZ POV

Me and Amity walked back from the library hand in hand, talking about everything we'd missed about each others lives during the time we were apart. Suddenly, I remembered something specific inside my baggy pocket and stopped walking. Amity look at me, confusion written all over her face. 

"Why'd we stop Luz?" She asked, letting go of my hand and truing her entire body to face me as I struggled to pull it out of my pocket. 

Once I successfully pulled it out, I handed her the small tupperware container with a content smile on my face. "My mami wanted to give you something as a hello gift!" I watched as she slowly opened the little lid and pulled out a note with her name on the front. 

I'm not sure what was written on it, but after a hot minute of slow reading, Amity's face lit up a bright red and she quickly folded the note back into a square and placed it back into the tub. "Ams I'm pretty sure there were more things in there than just a note." 

She smiled awkwardly, her face still scarlet, pushing the lid back onto the container and held it tightly at her chest with one hand. "It- um- it said to look at the stuff when I'm alone.." I sighed, mentally face-plaming. Mami, what are you saying to Amity?

I held out my hand and she hesitantly took it, the rest of the walk to the Owl House being a one-sided conversation, with me talking the entire time and Amity only humming in response every once in a while, her grip on the tupperware still tighter than ever. 

When we arrived at the Owl House the blush on Amity's face had only partially disappeared. Odd, she still hasn't calmed down? Oh well. I said to myself, before my thought were interrupted by a loud crash from behind us, making me and Amity practically jump out of our skins (our hands somehow stayed connected).

"Hoot hoot, sorry! You two just look so cute holding hands like that!" 

"Hooty!" I yelled, the owl tube popping out from the ground in front of us. He laughed at the fact that me and Amity were both blushing messes yet were still holding hands. At that point, even if I tried to let go Amity's grip was too strong for me to even move my hand. 

"Also, you haven't seen Amity in forever Luz! How'd you find her so quickly?" Hooty rushed over to my face, making me lean back in response. 

Amity piped up. "W-we were in the same section at the library, I didn't believe my eyes when I saw her.." She muttered, facing away from me and Hooty's glances. 

"Well I'm glad to see you two together again hoot hoot!" He quickly retracted into the door leaving me and Amity standing next to each other, dumbfounded. 

"Yeah.. together.." Amity whispered, almost to herself.

We began to walk up to the house again, and when Amity opened the door Hooty looked between me and Amity, smirking, making me blush a little. 

When we walked in together, Amity slowed down, almost scared. "Ams you know Eda will let you stay, there's no need to be scared!" She silently nodded and picked up her pace, not letting go of my hand. 

"There you are kiddo! King was starting to worry, tell him you wouldn't lie! Wait, is that the youngest Blight child?" Eda spoke loudly and confidently before noticing Amity standing behind me, holding tightly onto my hand. I chuckled, standing to the side so the two could make eye contact, ignoring as King climbed up onto my head and clung on tightly. 

Amity wasn't speaking, so I decided to for her. "I saw Amity again in the library, turns out her mom kicked her out and she has no where to stay now." Amity's face grew colder at the mention of Mrs. Blight.

"Always knew Odalia was a terrible person." Eda muttered to herself before walking forwards and placing a hand on Amity's shoulder. "Kiddo, you should've said so!" 

Amity mumbled something about being nervous, making Eda chuckle. " Kid, you can stay here with me and Luz and King for as long as you'd like." Amity's eyes widened as she looked up to stare at Eda. 

"R-really?"

"Of course! Every friend of Luz is a friend of ours, even if they act like more than a friend.."  

"Edaaaa!" I yelled, my face going only 1/4th as pink as Amity's. 

"Whaaaat I'm just stating the obvious! Look how about you two head off to Blight manor and pack up the rest of Amity's things and bring them over here, she can stay in your little room Luz. Be sure to bring and pillow and blanket because the only sleeping bag went to Luz, and I can't afford a bed at the moment." Eda picked King up off of my head and pushed me and Amity back into the living room without another word, closing the door on our faces. 

"Well, I guess we should head back to your house, eh?" I said, turning to face Amity's pink face. She nodded, and we silently headed back to Blight manor to collect her stuff together.

<3