The library

AMITY POV

I sighed as I packed various nik-naks from shelfs all around my childhood bedrooms walls into a small cardboard box lying on my bed. 

'Amity Blight, I refuse to give a roof over your head if you do not act like a loving daughter! Pack your things and leave by tomorrow, before I throw you out myself!' 

Odalia was never loving towards me anyways, all she wanted was a good reputation seen by the emperors coven officials to feel powerful. At least I didn't have to live with her anymore, but where else would I stay? Ed and Em were living in their colleges apartments with their friends, I'd never be allowed to stay permanently at Boscha, Skara, Willow or Gus's houses, what was I going to do? 

I closed my eyes as I thought of someone who'd help me.. Luz. Oh my Titan I missed her. She was the entire reason I was happy again, the entire reason I got out of bed in the morning when nothing else would drive me like a word or even a hug from the human herself. She was the reason I was still alive at the point where my life was upside down. But, she was in the human realm and had probably forgotten me, seeing as it'd been 4 years since I'd seen her last. 

I decided to go to the library for an hour or so, just to clear my mind to help me pack. It wouldn't be a good idea to cry about an old crush while packing your things to live somewhere completely unknown, would it? 

The walk to the library was peaceful, the wind blowing my shoulder-length hair all over the place, yet not disturbing my walk. Leaves were all over the place, being blown left right and center, and there wasn't a cloud anywhere in the sky. 

The library itself was peaceful too. I guess not many people decided to visit it on a windy Tuesday morning, that was clear enough. Still, as I wondered through the rows and rows of bookshelves something caught my eye. A Good Witch Azura 7 was laying in plain sight on the shelf. I silently rushed over to it but accidentally bumped into someone and fell to the ground. 

"Aaaaahhhh oh my gosh oh my gosh I am so sorry- wait Amity?" 

I opened my eyes and didn't believe what I saw. Someone was playing a trick on me weren't they. They just had to go for my most sensitive spot didn't they. I couldn't fall for their tricks, I just couldn't. There was no way it was real. She hadn't visited in four years. It couldn't be her. But, it sounded so real. It looked exactly like her. It sounded exactly like her. Could it really be-

"LUZ?!" 

I stared at the human with tears in my eyes as she knelt to the ground and pulled me in for a huge bear hug. I instantly hugged back. I couldn't believe it. She was actually back. It wasn't an illusion, it was the real Luz. 

"Amity I missed you so much.." She whispered, her head in the crook of my neck. 

I couldn't speak. All I could do was hum a reply and wish for the moment to never end. 

"I'm so sorry I left Amity. I never wanna let go of you." She sounded so sad. 

"I don't want you to let go either.." I muttered, clinging tighter.

"We should probably stand up Ams, We're in the middle of the library." Luz chuckled. I just shook my head. 

"No one comes down this isle. I'm never letting you go."

"I never said you needed to."

"Good, because I never will." 

We sat there just hugging and crying for a solid 3 minutes before I slowly pulled away. 

"What happened to never letting me go Amity?" Luz said, smiling at me in her Luz sort of way. 

"I dunno.. but I'm still kinda mad that you didn't come back sooner. So much has happened since when you left that you need to catch up on!" 

She laughed again, standing up and offering a hand out for me to take. I held it and let her pull me up from the floor. "Sorry about that Ams, my mami didn't want me to come back that much. But I have good news!" 

"What is it?" I asked, not letting go of her hand (which she seemed fine with).

"I'm staying in the Boiling Isles for good!" She spoke happily, announcing the best thing I've ever heard in my entire life with no hesitation. 

My eyes widened and my grip on the taller girls hand tightened. "R-really..?" I asked. "Y-you're not just joking with me, right?" 

She shook her head. "Now that I'm technically an adult I can make my own decisions! Obviously I still had my mami approve me of this one, but she said yes so now I'm living with Eda and King full time! What about you Ams, are you still living with Mr and Mrs Blight?" 

I sighed, looking off to the side of my vision. "Not really, Oda- my Mom kicked me out today, and I was in the middle of packing my things when I chose to come to the library for a bit." 

"Aww, Amity! Where will you stay now then?" Luz held my hand in between both of hers and rose then to her chest, I'm surprised I didn't turn into a blushing maniac instantly to be frank. 

"I'm not sure. I'll probably have to find somewhere new to live, maybe someone will let me bunk with them." I said, my cheeks pink from the attention the human was giving me.

"I know!" 

I tilted my head. 

"I'll ask Eda if you can stay with us!" My eyes widened. "You could stay in a different room, or in my room with me! It'll be fun Amity, do you want me to ask?"  A smile rose to my face as I nodded quickly. She smiled in return. 

This darn human making everything better for me.

<3