Sleep talking

AMITY POV

Seeing Luz wear the outfit I chose for her made my day so much better. She's just so pretty, I can barely stop myself staring at her from time to time. 

My back was feeling a lot better by the time I woke up that morning, but the relief was instantly replaced with every emotion I could feel at once when I heard someone sleep talking and felt something lightly rub my thigh. I looked down and nearly screamed when I saw Luz HUGGING MY LEGS IN HER SLEEP

Safe to say that I was not even a minute into my day and I nearly passed out, I should probably expect as a routine by now. 

I quickly sat up from the mere shock of it all, but stood dead as stone when I heard Luz groan in discomfort at my sudden movement. I slowly began shuffling away when Luz said my name. 

But she was still asleep.

And she was talking about me. 

HELP.

She didn't say much, but it was enough for me to explode in embarrassment. 

"Amity... preeeetty!"

She said it less structured than that, but it was what she said I'm sure. 

After that I stood up and ran out of the door to the bottom of the stairs and into the kitchen, not even functioning properly to see Eda already sat there waiting for either of us to come down. 

"There you are, I've been waiting an eternity for one of you kids' to wake up- wait why do you look like a tomato? Did Luz talk in her sleep again? Or did she drool on you or something?" 

Eda's words made me even more flustered, and I just sat down and screamed quietly into my hands, making the older witch laugh. 

"She did, didn't she? I'm in the mood for gossip, tell me what she said kid!" Eda put her apple-blood filled mug on the counter and put her chin in her hands, visibly expecting something juicy. 

I couldn't even work my brain so I just automatically told her something I've never be able to tell anyone in the whole Boiling Isles before, not even me. 

"I think Luz is making me gay." 

The way I heard Eda's gasp made me shrink in my seat, only just realizing the power she then had over me from what I'd just told her. 

"No... WAY!" She jumped up from her seat, startling me into pulling my head out of my hands for a minute to stare at her in shock.

"Welcome to the club of 'Luz making you know things you'd never know without her'!" She smirked, walking over to my side of the table. 

"Good for you kiddo." Eda patted my back, leaving me very confused and (still) flustered. 

"Now, you must be famished, go wake up your little crush and tell her what happened then come down for breakfast, I'm making her favorite." She made me stand up and sent me upstairs to wake up Luz. 

I was still very embarrassed at that time, so I didn't quite know how to tell her that she'd flat out called me pretty.

So I didn't.

"..Luz?" I said while gently shaking her Luz's. I'd never woken anybody up before apart from Boscha, but for her I just had to scream 'is that a cute new boy in the potions track!?' and she jolted right up to look for whoever I was talking about (who wasn't even real) so I don't count that. 

"Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz.." I leaned down and whispered in her ear, quietly of course since I wasn't sure if I would seem painfully loud to her. I sat back up and could see her scrunching her face up; it was working (?).

"..mmmmh, five more minutes.." Luz groaned, pulling her pillow over her face. I giggled, removing it and placing it out of her reach. 

"It's time to get up sleepy-head." I said, still quietly, but louder than previously because I wasn't an inch away from her ear. I knew Luz wasn't the biggest morning person, so I wanted to be as kind as possible to wake her up. 

"Nooooooooooooooo I don't wannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.." Luz grumbled, pulling her pajama shirt over her face instead of her pillow, revealing almost half of her entire torso. 

My cheeks were quickly colored pink and I looked away, wondering if I should tell her. I decided against it, instead wanting to keep up the playful act I had before she did.. that

"Come on Luz, do you want me to drag you out of bed and downstairs to Eda? She'd probably laugh at you knowing her. She's making your favorite breakfast right now actually, so I'd recommend getting up now so you can eat it while it's hot!" I pulled her shirt off of her face so she could see me smiling at her and (hopefully) blocking the ceiling light from her vision. 

She sat up at that. "Eda's making apple crumble!?" She smiled brightly, being around half an inch away from my face after sitting up so quickly. I jumped back, slightly flustered at how close we were, but tried to shake it off. 

"I still can't believe humans eat that for breakfast, normally it's a desert food." I said, standing up and brushing myself off before offering her a hand to pull her up. She took it, smiling. 

"Actually, most people from my realm don't have it for breakfast. I think it's just me to be honest. I really only eat it in the morning because one day my Mami left some apple crumble in the fridge for the next day, but she didn't specify when so I ate it all when I woke up. Then begged for for like, half an hour to make it for breakfast every day, which she barely agreed on anyways. I think I'm unhealthy." She didn't let go of my hand after she had stood up, and doing that to me at 9 in the morning will really mess up whatever cogs are working my brain, and I blushed. 

"W-well, did you sleep well? Last night you went downstairs to put my soup bowl away, and when you came back upstairs you just fell asleep on me. I wanna know if hugging my legs all night was comfy, really." I saw the embarrassment in her eyes as her cheeks went pink and she looked away from me. "I stayed up for hours wondering if I should move or not, so I'm hoping it was worth it for you!" 

"Well, I slept wonderfully, but now I feel more awkward saying that.. did you get to sleep at least?" She looked worried as she leaned backwards in an effort to ignore the embarrassing attitude of the conversation. 

I chuckled, pulling her back up so she didn't look like I was looming over her in anger. "I'm fine silly, you don't need to be worried. I got to sleep just fine. Now, let's go eat some odd breakfasts!" I mimicked her usual misplaced confidence, making her laugh. 

"Yeah!" She grabbed my hand again and began to run with me struggling behind her, both of us laughing. 

When we got downstairs and Luz sat down, watching Eda excitedly, Eda smirked at me while raising her eyebrows, looking between me and Luz. I quickly knew what she was thinking, and a massive blush spread over my face, shaking my head in the most non-obvious way I could. But of course, Luz saw what I was doing. 

She looked at me. Then at Eda. Then at me. Then at Eda. Then at herself. Then at her empty plate. Then back at me. Then back at Eda. Then back at me again. Then, for some reason, she smiled. 

"You helped Eda make the apple crumble, didn't you?" She said, smirking at me and quickly placed her elbows on my lap and her head in her hands, looking up at me in the most cocky way I've seen her look at me. 

And, even though it wasn't the truth and I'm a terrible liar, I agreed with her. "Y-yep! Totally, one hundred percent!" 

That seemed to bring a smile out of her (but then again, what doesn't?) and she looked at Eda. "I bet it's gonna be great!"  

<3