Chapter One - A Brand New Day

Great. My first day at Ninjago High. My parents had forced me to go because they found out about the trouble Chen had been getting into. Surprisingly, he's still the one they favour. I don't mind that much, it helps me get away with things, since they're always paying attention to him. I should thank him, but I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction. That's the only thing he's useful for. Letting me sneak out to continue my life as Wind, the orange Ninja.

I've always thought that my suit was more like a pastel orange, but whenever I bring it up, Green and Red tell me to shut up.

Chen refused to let me drive with him, so I was forced onto the bus. Everyone was talking, laughing and flirting. So, pretty much the average school bus from the movies. Suddenly, a boy walked on.

He was striking, with a perfect build and full lips set in a face of delicate and heart-shaped planes. His eyes were familiar and sharp and his expression was enigmatic. I couldn't point out where I recognised him from, but it felt like we had met hundreds of times before.

Immediately, everybody on the bus switched over to the left side, except me. The green-eyed boy looked over at me for a moment. "You can just sit on the other side, I don't really mind," The boy frowned.

"Why would I move? You aren't holding me at gun point," I laughed. The other kids pulled out their phones.

"I might as well be..." He whispered, so quietly that I barely heard him.

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I-I'm Lloyd, Lloyd Garmadon," Lloyd flinched, as if he thought I'd attack him.

"Cool. Awesome. Y/N Widow, nice to meet you. Anyway, why should I move because of that?"

Everyone stared at me, wide-eyed.

"Just sit down, I really can't deal with Chen when I'm late for something," I sighed. He awkwardly went to sit in the seat in front of me, "You're already standing here, just sit here."

The other children all started whispering and mumbling. Lloyd sat down and gave a gentle smile. For some reason, my heart started beating faster. I didn't understand it. I concluded that it was just like a sugar rush, but instead of it coming from sugar, it came from helping someone.

After a few minutes, I started to become slightly agitated with everyone slowing down the bus.

"Can everyone, please, sit up normally?" I asked, in a slightly demanding tone. I guess some of Chen's usual speaking patterns had rubbed off on me. Surprisingly, most people awkwardly walked over to the other seat. Perhaps I'm more intimidating than Chen let's me know. I smiled at my own thought.

Lloyd whispered to me, "Y-You don't have to do that..."

"I just wanna end this day already. Anyway, a 'thank you' would be nice," I said with a frown, that turned into a smile.

"How'd you know Chen?" He asked.

"He's my twin brother," I gave an artificial smile.

He gave me a worried facial expression. He bit his lips. "Oh... You two look and act so different."

"We get that a lot."

The bus finally reached Ninjago High. Immediately, the first thing my brain could process was Chen running right toward the school bus. "Y/N, what the f*ck did Amy just send me?" He screeched, as the door opened. He fixed his eyes on me. I was there, sitting with the son of an evil warlord.

He ran straight up to me and grabbed me by the arm. Lloyd awkwardly stared at the ground. "You! Garmadon! What'd you do to Y/N?" Chen shouted.

"He didn't do anything!" I defended Lloyd, "God, why must you be like this? Let me make my own decisions for once!" I pulled my arm away from him.

"You're my brother, I can't let you hang out with this... This... This freak!" Chen exclaimed.

"Okay, what's he done that's so wrong and terrible?" I smirked.

Chen struggled to think, "H-He's the son of Lord Garmadon!"

"Our dad's a raging alcoholic, Chen, and last time I checked, neither of us have ever drank nor touched anything with alcohol in it."

Chen furrowed his brows and walked out of the school bus. Everyone followed him, like they were his minions or something.

"You okay?" I asked Lloyd.

"You didn't need to do that..."

"I did, actually. Chen is a spoiled brat, believe me. I had to grow up with him," I vented, placing my hand on Lloyd's shoulder. We gave each other a warm smile. There, once more, my heart started racing. I guess the rush of helping someone had to reach me again.

The feeling was mystical, transcendental and unique. It felt like I was staring into a mirror of my soul.

Okay, this may not just be the rush. Maybe it was something different...

"Heh... We should probably go in now," Lloyd insisted, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh, right..."

We stepped out together. Then, suddenly, I heard the familiar sirens.

"Garmadon never attacks this early..." I thought out loud.

"Yeah... That's what I'm thinking," Lloyd admitted.

"I guess everyday is a brand new day though, eh?" I half-smiled.

I needed to get out of there, Wind needed to help people. "Stay here," We both demanded, at the same time.

We both stared at each other with a confused look. "Hide over there," I pointed over toward the school, "You'll have a better chance at survival."

Before he could say anything, I was gone. I snuck into a nearby bathroom and quickly changed into my Gi