Chapter Three - Outcast

I walked down the school corridor. The school was much larger than the nondescript suburban apartment block-type school I had previously went to. Every step felt like a new discovery and the hallways were crowded with hundreds of people, each with their own story. Actually, do you ever think about that? The fact that everyone you walk by has their own story? 

We often sit around and wonder, what's the life of a mailman like? Or how does the barista at Ninja-bucks spend her weekends? Or what is up with that kid next door? But we don't ask because we don't start up a conversation with them. We just never get around to it. 

You could walk by the kindest or the most interesting person but you wouldn't know that because you merely walked by them, instead of starting up a conversation. 

I looked over at a particular crowd of people. A petite boy, wearing a hood, stumbled past them. He appeared to be holding a bright green notebook, behind it, was a light orange textbook.

"Hey Garma-DORK," A familiar voice laughed. Chen

"What do you want, Chen?" Lloyd mumbled, "I can't deal with you right now."

"Oh, really?" Chen mocked, tugging on Lloyd's hood.

I sighed and crept behind him. "Hey, he said he isn't in the mood."

"Y/N! We were just---" Chen started to make up an excuse.

"Yeah, yeah, I don't want to hear it," I uttered as I pulled Chen away from Lloyd, "Anyway, I have a class to get to, as you should, so get moving."

Chen furrowed his brows and stared at me for a second. Quickly, he whispered something to Lloyd, before walking away, whilst still keeping his eyes fixed on me. Soon after, the drones he was hanging out with walked away, except a brown-haired boy.

"Yo, I'm sorry about Chen, he's really annoying like that," The boy admitted. He ran his hand through his hair, smeared with hair gel.

"It's fine, hair gel, I have to deal with that everyday,"  I put on a strange smile, "I'm his brother, unfortunately," I quickly added on.

"Oh, cool," The boy began, "I, uh, I'm Kai and I should get going, see ya both around, I guess."

"Right, see you."

Kai ran off into the distance, following where Chen had ran a few minutes ago. I looked over at Lloyd. 

"I have to go to English, you know where that is?" I asked, staring at a sheet of paper.

"Down that hall, it's the third on the left."

"Thanks, Lloyd," I smiled, before running down the hall.

"No running in the hallway," Shouted a random teacher. 

__________________________

A/N

Okay, I really need more ideas for these filler chapters. I'm begging you to suggest literally anything wholesome that can happen with Lloyd.